OFWF Gathering -- October 25th in Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

artw once bubbled...
Diving Gal would the charter operator be able to drop (a couple) divers off in front of the daryaw, and pick us up after?

Who is this charter operator (assuming Abucs or someone out of Dockers)

Charter Op is Above & Below, I'll ask and see what they're willing to do for us.

Could the answer be that the gaskin / Lilly are done on the Saturday when we have guests coming from afar i.e. Toronto and do the more advanced dive on the Sunday?

Just food for thought. Am trying to be as inclusive as possible without having to risk safety i.e. dropped divers at a dive site with no surface support.

That's a good idea Taz. Since we have never dove to any depth in fresh water, we're just being cautious. If all went well and we felt comfortable on Saturday, then we could add on last minute Sunday if there is space left. If there isn't any space left Sunday, we'd leave the advanced stuff till next time after we know what we're up against. I'm sure you understand that we don't want to do the most advanced dive our first time diving in the area!!

Hey I am easy going, the drift idea sounds great but I also have no problem using the lines to do the wrecks. I am with Taz I prefer it to be as inclusive as possible. And hey the lilly does have that sweet wall past the mast :wink:
We are already booked for the sunday so we are up for anything (except doing the same wrecks both days)

DivingGal once bubbled...
I was just in contact with the charter operator.

So far 7 Freaks are booked for the Saturday and 6 for the Sunday.

What's the vessel's capacity? And do we call them directly to book, or through you or Taz?

My crew still undecided. Maybe I can bum a ride with someone else. :wink:

Groundhog246 once bubbled...

What's the vessel's capacity? And do we call them directly to book, or through you or Taz?

My crew still undecided. Maybe I can bum a ride with someone else. :wink:

Capacity is 12... please book directly with the charter op.

PS the count is now 7 for both days....

Since there will be people that haven't experienced all that Brockville has to offer in the diving department, let's keep the ascents/descents to the more comfortable level - that being the line.
I know some would prefer to do the drift method but wouldn't it be nice for those who haven't had the opportunity to dive the St.Lawrence, to be able to experience the wrecks than to miss out altogether? Good experiences will lead to more visits. Those wanting to do the drift method can do that another time.
I hate to think that Scuba Duffer will pass up doing the Daryaw due to the method of entry.

Another thought might be: If there are enough divers for 2 boats to go out, maybe one boat could do the drift method while the other uses the line.

This is supposed to be a meet-and-greet. I would hate to think anyone avoided coming along because they didn't feel they were experienced enough to handle the diving.

Diverlady

Well said Taz, Diverlady. Meet & greet, and of course, dive.

Saturday: Lilly and Gaskin.

Sunday: charter destination dependant on who's on board.

Alternative shore dives: Brockville water water, Rothesay, Connie.

Since many of you indicated that you're planning to stay at the Day's Inn, I called them and the bar is more than happy to accommodate a bunch of Freaks. They have typical bar munchies, along with the restaurant menu. I suggest we use the "in-house" destination, then those who would like to have a little post-dive cheer won't have to face the dilemma of drinking and driving.

Could I please get a head count, so I can get them to reserve a corner for us?

I would imagine our group (Wetvet, Mrs Wetvet, Lurch, His Fiance My wife and Myself) would be up for meeting there for dinner or a cocktail or what ever you had in mind. That would make 6 of us to add to the list for the post dive meeting. There are 5 of us for the dives, who else has book on the boat and how many people does the boat hold?

Back
Top Bottom