OFWF Gathering -- October 25th in Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Duffer once bubbled...
Were off work Friday so we'll probably be arriving late afternoon. We are toying with the idea of coming early and doing a shore dive Friday afternoon. Suggestions????

I'd have to recommend the Connie as a reasonably gentle introduction to current diving. We did it twice in July, first with the OFWF group in Saturday, then we went back for a second run Monday after doing Lock 21. Not very deep, but a very interesting dive.

artw once bubbled...
Just a note Rockport Wall is an intermediate dive due to possible depth and $10 per person is payable to the owner of the Boathouse restaurant, pay at the reception desk... this is because you use their dock to jump off of.

alternately you could ignore the no scuba diving sign at the boat launch (since it's off season anyway) and enter there. but it's a swim upstream to the wall. just pay the $10 :)

The owner doesn't charge $10 after the Thanksgiving weekend. So you could dive this on for free!!!

Can an american join in???

I do believe you will be more than welcome. I'm new to the group here, but the last time the OFWF's had a gathering, I remember another the same question being asked and the answer was a definite yes. I was unfortunately unable to attend the last gathering so I'm really looking forward to this one. The OFWF's is really just an excuse to meet some people that share the same passion - including our friends south of the border.

As far as space goes - you would have to contact the dive op directly and see if they still have room.

Above and Below - (613)342-2277 or (877) 923-2346 - The 877 number is toll free but it may not work from the States.

At this rate, this could be a 2 boat day!!! Woo Hoo!!!

hnladue once bubbled...
Can an american join in???

As Scuba Duffer said, you are more than welcome. We're getting together to do some diving, and some fun times. Give the charter op a call, and come on over.

Hi Divingal, I would like to come down and dive as well. I will call the charter and book in at the Days Inn. Expect to be down in the afternoon Friday.

Groundhog246 I will be leaving from Sarnia so if you need a ride let me know.
Gary

OK I called and I'm in for Saturday!! I now have to call Dive Tec he said so I can rent the tanks and regulator. I don't own those yet! Looking forwarding to meeting you all!!

Heather.

As of this morning, we have

10 divers booked for Saturday and 9 booked for Sunday!

:( I wish I could be there with all of you, but since I can't, I wish you a safe and fun dive. If I'm in country next year, I'll be there with bells...... no, never mind.... with fins on!:D I hope you all get wetter than me!

Enjoy!
Formerly Sirius4Procyon

Sirius13

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom