OFWF Gathering -- October 25th in Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As the bookings are happening through the charter op, folks are, of course, using their "real" names to book. I've got a list of who's booked, but don't have a match for SB member names, so I'm unwilling to actually announce who's booked.

Couldn't talk to any one at above and below - got the answering machine! I did leave a message to book my spots though! We will dive Saturday and Sunday. We feel after the experience of Saturday, we'll be up for the more advanced stuff Sunday. I did talk to Jymi (Dive op) last week and discussed the wrecks and the abilities needed. We weren't to worried about the Daryaw (but do prefer a line descent), just didn't want that to be our first exposure to the river. So, with the Lily and Gaskin on Saturday, we are comfortable doing the Daryaw Sunday!

We'll also book the Days Inn - just confirm that's the Days Inn Brockville??

Look forward to meeting everyone!

Peter and Patty!!

Scuba Duffer once bubbled...
<snip> We'll also book the Days Inn - just confirm that's the Days Inn Brockville??

That's right the Days Inn (located right off the 401) offers a 10% discount to divers. Their number: 613-342-6613

diver gadget once bubbled...
who else has book on the boat and how many people does the boat hold?

I'm booked on the boat for both Sat and Sun.
Arriving at Day'sInn Friday night as well. I'm not expecting to arrive until approx. 10pm.

Diverlady

Sounds great, looking forward to meeting everyone. I will be at the days Inn for friday night, just not sure when we will be there yet. It's about 4 hours from Toronto and I hope to not be stuck in Rush hour accross the 401 so I hope to leave T.O. around 1 to be in brockville for around 5.

Maybe a meeting could happen on the friday night as well? I won't know until closer to the date if I can make it there for the dinner hour but when are the rest of you planning on making it to Brockville?

Were off work Friday so we'll probably be arriving late afternoon. We are toying with the idea of coming early and doing a shore dive Friday afternoon. Suggestions????

Scuba Duffer once bubbled...
Were off work Friday so we'll probably be arriving late afternoon. We are toying with the idea of coming early and doing a shore dive Friday afternoon. Suggestions????

Of the top of my head. . .
Brockville water park
Rothesay (near Prescott)
Connie (near Cardinal)
Lock 28 (near Cardinal)
Rockport wall

Just a note Rockport Wall is an intermediate dive due to possible depth and $10 per person is payable to the owner of the Boathouse restaurant, pay at the reception desk... this is because you use their dock to jump off of.

alternately you could ignore the no scuba diving sign at the boat launch (since it's off season anyway) and enter there. but it's a swim upstream to the wall. just pay the $10 :)

I'd definitely be up for something on the friday (can't do sunday though :( )
Keep me in the loop!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom