OFWF Brockville Scuba & BBQ Party July 26th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The iternery as it is tentatively planned is:

Friday:
TomR offered a charter dive on the Munson

Saturday:
2 shore dives - morning we can do the Connie or Rothesay
then afternoon - Brockville Scuba Park
then dinner at Buds.... then Drink and dancing at Buds

Sunday:
hmmm dive anyone?

I'm not from Ontario, but might be interested in joining you. What can you tell me about these wrecks and what the heck is the Brockville Scuba Park? :confused:

Thanks,

ibnygator once bubbled...
What can you tell me about these wrecks and what the heck is the Brockville Scuba Park?

Which wrecks are you referring too?

As to the Brockville Diver Park. This is a location that us Brockville Folk like to use for OW & AOW courses as it is a nice area for training. Also, it is a place for a nice easy dive for all levels of divers with lots of stuff to see, this includes: a old wrecked barge, Flamingo Corner ( you have to see it to believe it ) lots of guide ropes to help with navigation, a huge weedbed that has tonnes of aquatic life around it etc etc etc. It's also 100ft from a scuba store for air fills and about 500ft from Buds on the Bay a wonderful place to eat that is very very diver friendly!

:)

Taz: I think 'gator meant the wrecks in DG's posting for the party.

Under the "more the merrier" heading that works well for parties (especially given that they'd have a lot less distance to travel than this western Freak will), how about officially extending a welcome to those folks who might want to join us from upstate NY, New England, MI and other points of call below the border. (And above - Kingston's not that far from Montreal!) Fresh water, fresher divers, moose T-shirts and high-test Canadian beer :D

its been over a year since I've had a nice Sleeman's or Moosehead. This Aussie beer sucks. But it does the job when nothing else is available. I look forward to meeting all you people. And the diving sounds spectacular.

Information on the wrecks that are easily accessible from shore that Taz mentioned - Conestoga. and Rothesay can be found here at Save Ontario Shipwrecks

Lock 21 is another shore dive that we can do, but the current and conditions are not generally for a novice diver.

Not in the guides from the SOS site are Lock 28 and the Morrisburg drift. Which are two more shore dives.

Most of the other wrecks require boat access (charters)

cat once bubbled...

Under the "more the merrier" heading that works well for parties (especially given that they'd have a lot less distance to travel than this western Freak will), how about officially extending a welcome to those folks who might want to join us from upstate NY, New England, MI and other points of call below the border. (And above - Kingston's not that far from Montreal!) Fresh water, fresher divers, moose T-shirts and high-test Canadian beer :D

Please consider this an official invite to all in our border states and provinces that wish to come to Brockville on Saturday July 26th for our scuba party. As noted this party is for all levels of diving, we want to be inclusive of all hence the reason for the dives that have been selected.

If you wish to extend your stay (Sunday Diving) and do some charter dives on our many wrecks, please pm me and I will provide you with further info.

Cheers, Taz!

Well...unless there is anyone else out there who has yet to indicate that they will be coming to B-ville on July 26th it looks like we have our guest list complete.

Should be a great day and I'm looking forward to getting my official OFWF t-shirt.

Just learned last night that we have plans with the family that weekend, so I'm out. ;-0

But, I guess I can't complain too much, since I just got back from Florida yesterday...
:mean:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom