"Offroad" Tank Cart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanx everyone for your replies. I forgot to mention one point - we'd like something we can take apart for transport. We have to drive for a whole day to reach the ocean, so space in the car is often at a premium.

Bryan

This was discussed in a another thread about how to get tanks to the long walk
to the jettys.

this was one of the suggestions, and ironically it seemed like the best idea.

gator.JPG

dpbishop:
Two Words: Dock Cart

one of the best for rough terrain: http://www.kadcousa.com/Merchant2/m...dco-01&Product_Code=200-TR&Category_Code=Cart

There are also carts that fold flat, but they don't carry as much.

I googled a dock cart and this one colapses for transport but it is $239 - kinda expensive. I also have the stanley box and would not use it for off pavement work.

http://www.fishing-catalog.com/lambert/dock_carts.htm

I would stick with something that has large diameter wheels on it - they roll over ruts and roots much easier than small tires.

Good luck.

Jason

jbb's suggestion looks great, provided it is truly durable. While it does not really qualify as DIY, it may be just what the thread originator requested.

mikswi:
Not sure how much you wanna spend but this is a MEAN cart!!

For that price he could hire a team of Sherpas

dpbishop:
For that price he could hire a team of Sherpas

NOW there is an idea :idea:

what about putting some wheel on a boot tank???

it will be very compact. you just have to roll your tank by holding the valve. when you come neer water you just remove the wheeled boot...

it's a idea, what do you thing about it???

Back
Top Bottom