"Offroad" Tank Cart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We used to use a cart for hunting.. It looks basically like a ladder, with one wheel in the middle. It takes 2 people to maneuver easily, but can be done by 1.
(think of wheel barrow handles on each end, and the wheel is in the center)

You can let the wheel ride on the ground when possible, but lift to get over obstacles (trees, sand, etc) if necessary.

Haven't seen one in a long time, but some wood, couple of supports for the wheel, and one [off-road] bicycle wheel is the basics to it.

Here is a quick and dirty sketch... I am NOT known for my artistic talent...:D

You can add tank racks, etc.. as needed.. Eye bolts (for bungies) etc.. Simple but effective. Just keep the center of gravity low on the frame.

countryboy:
Here is a quick and dirty sketch... I am NOT known for my artistic talent...:D

You can add tank racks, etc.. as needed.. Eye bolts (for bungies) etc.. Simple but effective. Just keep the center of gravity low on the frame.

Thanx, that is pretty much what I had in mind. Two-person manuverable is perfect - one buddy team at a time...

Bryan

I have used a basic hand truck. It's narrow and the one I have has big air-filled wheels for sand. I attach BC to cylinder, hook mask around valve, bungee on the fins and am more-or-less good to go. It's relatively easy to transport in a vehicle (I have a small pick up truck) and is inexpensive.

I use my Game carry that I use for deer and elk. It has two wheels easy for one guy. lots of clearance for raock and sagebrush. I have not had it in sand so I do not know about that. Unfortunately sandy beaches are not my problem. You can find game carries at many hunting websites.

attchoum:
this summer, my dive buddy and me found a really interesting place to dive. its a old mining pit. it was really good early in the summer but for some reason (to mutch youg party at night) the road was close.

the last time we dive there, i put my stuff on and walk 20 minutes. im youg and healty so it's not a probleme for me.
my dive buddy is a little big, around 35-40 age and he dive in twin bottle so he but is stuff on what we call in quebec "a devil" (kind of little car to lift some box)
product_detail2.jsp

after his twin bottle fall twice on a rock, i take is bottle to the shore. the "devil" are now a new artificial wreck in this pit. :07:

that was my story
if you found a way to do something, im interested but it have to be easy to put in a car.

Great post! Great story! I got a good laugh out of this one!:D :D

The wheeled ladder sounds good.

What about the "ruggedized" baby strollers loved by soccer moms? Carries 2-4 kids, folds to a fairly compact unit, carries a few hundred pounds at least?
Should be able to get a used one cheap and should carry 2 sets of gear and 4 tanks alright.Big tires, but might sink in the sand....

SIR VEYOR:
The wheeled ladder sounds good.

What about the "ruggedized" baby strollers loved by soccer moms? Carries 2-4 kids, folds to a fairly compact unit, carries a few hundred pounds at least?
Should be able to get a used one cheap and should carry 2 sets of gear and 4 tanks alright.Big tires, but might sink in the sand....

Hmmm, maybe I won't put our jogger stroller in the yard sale. Thanks!

Maybe a cross between these two would be a good answer. I would look at changing to fatter tires and perhaps dual tires for sand.

Some technique to lower the center of gravity a bit would also be a good idea.

I would like to see the sketch but all I can see is "attached images". I am working on finding something to make hauling my girlfriend and my gear easier. Before anyone starts in on carry your own gear she has a bad back. I did find the magna cart at cabelas that I like but would preferr sand wheels.

Back
Top Bottom