Official 7th Annual Venice Beach Turkey Fry Thread Sponsored by Scuba Quest!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rockband: We've got our tables :rockband:

:yeahbaby:

But I like to stand when I eat... balancing plate, beverage, napkin... all while chitchatting with everyone... it's just the right way to do things...

forget what I requested in post#10...

Thank you Scuba Quest!!

Will you still be in need of my tables, or do you have this covered now with the Scuba Quest tables?

Will you still be in need of my tables, or do you have this covered now with the Scuba Quest tables?

I think we should keep the tables you and Scott are bringing. As Scott said last year we filled up the tables with food so let's just bring the others in case.

Definitely going to move tables closer to pavillion - so we are all closer. Or Scott/Rico what do you guys think of doing the cooking at the pavillion and putting the tables around it?? I don't mean frying right under the pavillion but right next to it then you can put the stuff on pavillion tables for carving. Let me know what you two think - you guys are the ones that need the right set-up.

Edit to add: just thinking some more... You know if you are looking at the tables/pavillion with the water beyond those... Well we know the area to the left is large - that is where we had the tents and tables last year but what about that small area to the right of the tables - before the sidewalk. Is it too small or could we put cooker there then put the turkeys on first table to left for carving then off to table on right for set-up???? Anyone?

Last edited:
I MAY be able to borrow some folding chairs. Let me know if you need these and I will see if I can get them. Also give me an approximate number needed.

I MAY be able to borrow some folding chairs. Let me know if you need these and I will see if I can get them. Also give me an approximate number needed.

Hey I didn't think of chairs. I wouldn't imagine we'd need a whole lot - that said if we'd like to actually sit at the tables then the sand chairs wouldn't work so well. I remember last year we sat at the pavillion or in our numerous personal sand chairs which again aren't that tall.

Perhaps we should leave the tables where they were last year just move them closer to pavillion and still cook at the tables as well? Leaving people to sit at pavillion and around pavillion???

Last edited:
Tracy,

As of right now I can make it that Saturday. I'll ice down some water in a cooler and some $$$ for the boys with the oil.

Okay, I've got MissD bustin' my chops here, so I guess I'd better get signed up. Remember, I can't cook, so what do ya'll want me to bring? :)

Okay, I've got MissD bustin' my chops here, so I guess I'd better get signed up. Remember, I can't cook, so what do ya'll want me to bring? :)

Who is busting your chops? Certainly not lil ol me :blinking::rofl3:

Dana, How 'bout we hold off on your item 'til closer to the event? Maybe a couple bucks for oil or some chips.... Will let ya know, if that is okay?

See ya in a couple of weeks chica!

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom