Octopus Farming - a firm no from me šŸ‘Ž

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just come over, my door is always open

Just FYI, we Libyans take invitations for food very seriously. Someday, you are going to face a hungry Libyan at your doorstep staring at you wanting his Octopus meal. Be ready :)

Grilled octopus is great with an Orca steak.
I once had hvalbiff and reinsdyr, one Christmas, in Norway -- that is, minke whale "beef" and reindeer.

Of the two, I greatly preferred Rudolph, "with his nose so bright," over the purple (from myoglobin) whale steak, which just tasted like a tough cut of beef.

Couldn't even stomach the tetning, or seal, which a fellow coworker described as "fish emulsion fertilizer" in terms of its odor and taste . . .

Thatā€™s silly - you only need to tenderize crap cuts of meat. Otherwise, you can get meat perfectly tender by cooking it with the proper technique.
You call it silly and then say the exact same thing.

You call it silly and then say the exact same thing.
Not exactly - you had no qualifier so it appeared that you were saying meats, in general, were ā€œinedible garbageā€ that needed to be tenderized - which is not true at all: many meats do not need to be tenderized at all.

Not exactly - you had no qualifier so it appeared that you were saying meats, in general, were ā€œinedible garbageā€ that needed to be tenderized - which is not true at all: many meats do not need to be tenderized at all.
Any one that would tenderize a filet mignon, or the like, doesn't really qualify as person now do they. šŸ˜‰

Any one that would tenderize a filet mignon, or the like, doesn't really qualify as person now do they. šŸ˜‰
Dry aging is a form of tenderizing.

Dry aging is a form of tenderizing.
Perhaps, but tenderizing typically implies physical abuse, and or chemical assault.

I am a total carnivor and love my seafood........but I've also had some interesting relationships and interactions with Giant PAC Octos and Wolf Eels that leads me to believe that there can be an actual "relationship" or "intelligence" and I personally just can't see killing and eating them...

That probably makes me a hypocrite because Ling Cod, Scallops, Crab and Lobster are all on my eating list!

What I like about diving to harvest my own protein is that I can be selective and merciful rather than the mass kill commercial fisheries that indiscriminately kill whatever bycatch hits their nets or long lines. I also know that what I harvest is 100% properly cared for, cleaned and on ice ASAP.

yKqNxWW.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom