Octopus Farming - a firm no from me 👎

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People in former Europpean colonies and in refugee camps live a worse life and die terrible deaths and they are "humans" yet the "sensitive" Europeans don't give a damnd about them. They just grab their natural resources and leave them to die of poverty, hunger and disease (for example what France has been doing to Mali and taking away the gold from Mali). My only concern here is the long term effects of waste on the marine environment as is the case with fish farming.

Mmmmm, takoyaki.

Mmmmm, takoyaki.
-- and long pig teppanyaki . . .

I would want to see humane guidelines. The article explains they are territorial, and keeping them in close proximity with each other could stress them. That sounds even worse than hogs in cages.
I've not actually checked, but in research at least I'm told that there are minimal guidelines if any for cephalopods. Certainly far fewer than rodents and many species of octopus are smarter than rats.

Oh man, chipirones in Spain is a must try.

Now you are making me crave for CousCous with Octopus sauce in the middle of the night.

1679003392714.png

ups, double post

I guess I love chiperones too much
Yeah -- but those oh, so tasty tapas are made with either baby squid or cuttlefish, the slow-witted and somewhat nasty cousins of octopuses -- so you're good to go . . .

Yeah -- but those oh, so tasty tapas are made with either baby squid or cuttlefish, the slow-witted and somewhat nasty cousins of octopuses -- so you're good to go . . .
They should look into farming cuttlefish, too. Much harder to find for sale in the US than octopus, even baby octopus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom