Octopus Farming - a firm no from me 👎

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have tried it three times, I'm out on octopus. I find the texture horrible.
Because it wasn't cooked correctly.
In order for octopus to be cooked and taste great, you first cook in pressure cooker for 30 min in water, with some oil, salt, peppercorn. The octopus will be like butter texture. Then you can add sauce, marinates like sunflower oil or dry rub with paprika and garlic, or mix with salad. I learned how to cook octopus while living in the islands.

In order for octopus to be cooked and taste great, you first cook in pressure cooker for 30 min in water, with some oil, salt, peppercorn. The octopus will be like butter texture. Then you can add sauce, marinates like sunflower oil or dry rub with paprika and garlic, or mix with salad. I learned how to cook it while leaving in the islands.

How can we get invited to eat octopus at your house????????????

In order for octopus to be cooked and taste great, you first cook in pressure cooker for 30 min in water, with some oil, salt, peppercorn. The octopus will be like butter texture. Then you can add sauce, marinates like sunflower oil or dry rub with paprika and garlic, or mix with salad. I learned how to cook it while leaving in the islands.
The places I've had must not have gotten the memo, grilled, in I forget where, in a seafood stew type dish in Taiwan, and canned smoked octopus from the Asian market here in the USA, all three times like chewing on a bicycle tire. Also I've never seen it pressure cooked on any of the cooking shows I've seen it on.

I will continue to pass.

Google how to tenderize an octopus, and you will find dozens of ways that people swear by.
Do you know why people tenderizer meats, because otherwise they are inedible garbage. Do you know why people eat inedible garbage? Because they are hungry and there is nothing else to eat.

How can we get invited to eat octopus in your house????????????
just come over, my door is always open

The places I've had must not have gotten the memo, grilled, in I forget where, in a seafood stew type dish in Taiwan, and canned smoked octopus from the Asian market here in the USA, all three times like chewing on a bicycle tire. Also I've never seen it pressure cooked on any of the cooking shows I've seen it on.

I will continue to pass.
if you have the chance to visit a good authentic Spain restaurant,, ask for the grilled octopus, you will see the difference

if you have the chance to visit a good authentic Spain restaurant,, ask for the grilled octopus, you will see the difference
Actually now that you mention it, it was a highly regarded Tapas place where I had it grilled

Do you know why people tenderizer meats, because otherwise they are inedible garbage. Do you know why people eat inedible garbage? Because they are hungry and there is nothing else to eat.
That’s silly - you only need to tenderize crap cuts of meat. Otherwise, you can get meat perfectly tender by cooking it with the proper technique.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom