october in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am thinking to postpone because of the weather forcast for October 11th, it seems that it will be lots of rain.

All the weather forecast for 10 days in the future I've ever seen are always wrong! Oct the rain is mostly at night as the humidity gets a shot of cool air and condenses after sunset. Day time are just quick passing showers.

vvitola... This time of year, rain happens...some light rains, some not so light....never have stopped diving due to rain....If a tropical depression is blowing through there may be winds and rain. A port closing is always possible if the waters become too rough..but not to worry over something that may or may not happen. Now if a big "H" occurs, that is another subject....but, then again, that bridge will be crossed if necessary. Rains also can happen in November....and the beginning months of the year, and Spring and Summer, not to mention Norte's in Winter.....:scubadive:

Regardless of your decision...Happy Diving !!!

Sue

It will be the same forcast as any date you change to in November or March or July for that matter. Thats the weather in Cozumel! It always ends up perfect.

Here I sit in our room at 4:00AM pondering why it is that the older I get, the less sleep I seem to need, or, is it just being over anxious to get back in the water a few hours from now? Just went out on the balcony and the weather looks fine. No rain and a slight breeze. Now if I can just get through the next three hours without over-doing the coffee intake we should be in for a promising first dive day. Can' wait to make that short walk across the street to the Aldora pier. Boat leaves the dock at 7:25AM. Dive site TBD.

Turk9

Dear Turk9, how refreshing it is that no matter how old we get we can enjoy the wonders of an unwrapped gift ! Wishing you a great dive ! What a fantastic way to celebrate today !

Sue & Mike

Blue Steal, I will be diving with Allison.

If there are divers who are planning on doing some shore diving and wouldn't mind me tagging along, please let me know. My diving buddy is 7 months pregnant. I am afraid she might lose her breakfast and attract a swarm of bull sharks.

My husband and I are newbies (very new) and would like to do some shore diving tagging along with someone who knows a little more than we do...Looks like your days overlap ours. We are staying at Occidental Grand, which is pretty far south. But I think some good shore dives are more north, closer to town???

Mr. 5000 you can give me a call at the Blue Angel for any shore dives in the afternoon or even an early night dive after the 23rd. Not sure where the Melia is so if it is far north may not be to easy for you.

We head home on the 25th :-( So no diving for us on the 24th...

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Our max depth to date is 26ft in an Ohio quarry. The open ocean and Cozumel drift dives will be a huge change! Would love to hook up with someone from ScubaBoard who will be there at the same time. For now, just planning to dive with Dive Palancar (at the Occidental), probably paying for a DM to be with just the two of us for the first couple of days.

My husband and I are newbies (very new) and would like to do some shore diving tagging along with someone who knows a little more than we do...Looks like your days overlap ours. We are staying at Occidental Grand, which is pretty far south. But I think some good shore dives are more north, closer to town???

We head home on the 25th :-( So no diving for us on the 24th...

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Our max depth to date is 26ft in an Ohio quarry. The open ocean and Cozumel drift dives will be a huge change! Would love to hook up with someone from ScubaBoard who will be there at the same time. For now, just planning to dive with Dive Palancar (at the Occidental), probably paying for a DM to be with just the two of us for the first couple of days.

I dove Alison (friends on mine were very new to diving and wanted someone to hold their hands. I went along just so I could get wet.) She is very good with new divers. I was quite impressed and give her my highest recommendation.

Just got back from getting wet for the first time this trip. Punta Sur 106ft, 62 minutes, and, Dalila 62ft, 80 minutes. Nice start to the week. Nothing real special, turtle, lobsters, stingray, eel, lots of various fish. Saw 5 lion fish dispatched at Punta Sur, two were fair sized, did not see a one at Dalila.

Turk9

Just got back from getting wet for the first time this trip. Punta Sur 106ft, 62 minutes, and, Dalila 62ft, 80 minutes. Nice start to the week. Nothing real special, turtle, lobsters, stingray, eel, lots of various fish. Saw 5 lion fish dispatched at Punta Sur, two were fair sized, did not see a one at Dalila.

Turk9

Sounds special to me!!! Keep those trip reports coming!

Living here in the Pacific Northwest, we are in duck country and no, I am not referring to the Oregon Ducks, for you sports fans. Believe me, unless it is thunder, lighting or wind whipping up waves, having it rain while diving is nothing. Here if we didn't go diving when it rains, we would only be diving one or two months of the year in the summer, since we have a LOT OF RAIN here from Fall thru early summer.
I find it amusing when we talk about we are going diving, the forecast is for rain and someone says, it is going to be raining. I am, "yeah, but I am going to be getting wet anyway." Then it kinda dawns on them, oh yeah you are going to be getting in water and getting wet.

Back
Top Bottom