october in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DELMIKE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
new member as of today. my wife and i went to cozumel in dec. 2009, and just fell in love with the island. we will be heading back in october and wondered what the difference between air temp. and water temps will be compared to december. we had no cold issues on our dives. shortys only. was just curious and looking for any input.

Thanks for the input lou. Iam happy about the warmer air temps. My wife and i will be at the blue angel from oct. 4-9. First time at blue angel. Have rear nothing but good from fellow members. We cant wait until then. For now we quarry dive in pennsylvania.

I was at the BA last October, (and will be again this October), and the water temp was 86 every day. They were telling me that temperature is unusually warm and I was actually hot in my 3/2 shortie.
Air temp was very nice in the morning and evenings. I left the sliding door open all night and only used the AC for maybe a couple hours in the afternoon during my post dive/lunch siesta.
It rained two days during my 11 day stay, mostly at night, hard rain for a brief time.
Tip: try the Victoria beer, quite good.

nice information blue steal especially the cerveza tip. I have heard so much about BA we cant wait to arrive and enjoy.this will be our second of many trips to cozumel. I will probably make a deposit for 2011 before i check out.

Blue steal the time to be in the water cant come soon enough. My wife and i spend the summer diving in a local PA. quarry. Surface temps can be nice, but drop down below fourty feet and you realize you are not in cozumel. Counting the days....

Yes cold water diving. We can't wait for the VIS and dives at COZ. I do enjoy the California waters and when the temp hit 66 and up I actually can wear a shortie. I really had a great time last year in COZ and since that time have read books, ordered maps, and been gathering tips here on scubaboard for taxis, beachclubs, restaurants in all price ranges, car rentals. Plus have been buying the rest of my gear. Yeah...........counting the days......

Blue Steel, my wife and I are headed to Coz and Blue Angel next week for our fourth time. Hope we don't have a storm. I'll think of your posts when Sergio asks if I want another "Vicky".

JWilson

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom