OCTOBER 2007 Scubaboard Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe and Jane, my hubby and I will probably see you on Christi's boat (Blue XTSea), we will be diving the 24th, 26th and 27th. Look forward to meeting you. BTW our names are Lil and Mark.

It is officially OCTOBER !!! What a great showing of Scubaboard Cozumel divers we have had for this month. Logged in were to my best count 98 divers, with 12 Dive OP's . Several folks did not have plans confirmed for their Dive Op as well. Hotels were covered North, South and Central. This has been a lot of fun. Thanks for Sharing !! DH and I will now get our Dive gear in order as we leave SATURDAY. Have a GREAT TIME to one and all ! Sue Sue aka BABY

20th - 27th Hotel Cozumel/ Dive Paradise

Sorry I've not updated the chart. I was too busy with work following vacation as most people are then someone had to steal my laptop with the spreadsheet I use to create the chart stored on it. But now that it's October, I guess it doesn't matter much. There sure a a bunch of you going.... I look forward to a lot of interesting reports this month.

ouch, that really stinks....but thanks for doing the chart. It helped pass the time until this month was actually at hand. 7 days from this very moment I will be waking and getting ready to head to the boat for the first dive of the trip.

Sorry I've not updated the chart. I was too busy with work following vacation as most people are then someone had to steal my laptop with the spreadsheet I use to create the chart stored on it. But now that it's October, I guess it doesn't matter much. There sure a a bunch of you going.... I look forward to a lot of interesting reports this month.

Josh, Thanks so very much for keeping track of the October dive schedule. It was really neat to see it grow, and GROW it did. I also want to say how sad it is that your computer was stolen. I just don't understand what part of, "If it isn't yours, do not touch it" that people just don't get. Darn it !

DH and I are still in COZ until tomorrow...Last diving day today. We will report later. I hope we get to read many more reports from the OCTOBER Group. Sue Sue

man that sucks about your computer. I lost an entire computer once. it was a PITA. I would like to see thieves spend a lifetime in jail and people would stop stealing stuff.

i will belatedly add my wife and I to the October list for 19th-27th.

We're trying to book spots now and haven't settled on which nights in Playa and which in Cozumel.

We'll either dive with Phantom or if he has any openings, dive with mike as lots of people here have said that's a great op.

We just got back from Cozumel. Weather was horrible last week but we did get some diving in. Dove with Dive Paradise and they did great. Wish I could say the same about the reefs. Sadly, I think this will be the last time we visit Cozumel.

We haven't been to Cozumel in about 7 years and things have changed. Where they used to get 3 cruise ships a week, they now get 2-3 a day. Prices for everything have skyrocketed and it's much more of a mini-Cancun now. So that was disappointing. Not nearly as bad as the reefs however.

Since it was overcast and rainy, our dives where usually only to about 60 feet. Everything at least too that level was fairly disappointing. Most of it covered with sand. Frankly, I've had better dive trips in Jamaica. Outside of the two nurse sharks we saw one dive and seeing the submarine another, it was very unremarkable.

On a positive note, the new highway around the island is great and even driving around town was easy and without incident. Not sure if they made everyone taking driving lessons or what but it was definitely better.

Anyway, don't mean to be negative as we had a good time there. The food, although now much more expensive was all great and the people where as wonderful as ever. It's just not a destination for us anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom