Octo Z question for Ranger LTS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saf1

Reaction score
Hi,

I own a Ranger bc and was looking at the Octo Z combo regulator / power inflator package and had a question.

This replaces my Rangers existing manual/power inflator and secondary octo unit, correct? Because now the Octo Z would be used to inflate, manual fill the bc, and also be my regulator in the event of my buddy taking my reg out of my mouth in the time of a emergency; correct? Or I hand them my reg and then take the octo z.

It looks like it would stream line my overall gear as well as allow the washing out of the bladder, which is what I like.

Is it that simple really or do I need to order other parts to make it all work? If I understand how this works. Thanks. And if I mixed up any verbage, sorry. I'm only 40 dives into my scuba career and still learning.

Thanks again.

It's really that simple. The BX fitting for your corrugated hose will come with the Octo-Z. The only other thing you will need is the blank to cover the soon-to-be-unused LP port on your first stage.

Installation is simple and will take no more than 10 minutes.

I own a Zeagle Tech with an Octo Z and have to say that the Octo Z is the only piece of gear that I own that I regret purchasing and will be going back to the regular power inflator.I'm not sure of it is my paticular piece of equiptment or typical of the Octo Z, but the thing breathes really hard underwater.

Also, after doing drills with it I could see where it would add another level of stress in an out of air emergency. Even from 20 ft it was difficult to breathe the Octo Z, dump air, and keep tabs on my OOA buddy.

Just my .02 cents. Many people use integrated octos and swear by them.

Thanks all. I was not sure it was that easy - so thanks.

Bill - ty as well for the feed back. I do appreciate it. I did some more reading around and overall most people have had good luck with it (as you mentioned). My only issue is that I really don't have a Zeagle rep here in town (Sacramento, Ca) and I like to touch and feel before I buy. But for this piece I'm willing to give it a go. I really like the idea of washing out the bladder a bit easier and I'm all about maintenance and ease.

Thanks again everyone.

Bill - have you asked your LDS to take a look at it? It sounds to me like it may need some adjustments???

Scott

Thanks Scott, I figured it was probably an adjustment of some kind.
I do need to send it off to ScubaToys. I've been diving 3 - 4 times a week and haven't had a chance to get it in the mail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom