Octo regulator identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingG

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

Could someone help me out and ID this Octo? I think it's similar to the Mares Axis, though think it could be an OEM from Ocean Divers out of Taiwan. Any help would be appreciated.

1-_DSC2368-001.JPG

A few more images can be seen in the gallery located here:
1-_DSC2368-001 - ScubaBoard Gallery

Thanks!

It's a genesis. That is the genesis logo. Can you post a pic with the cover off. Should be same service kit as a sherwood.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Genesis it is. Thank you!

Here's a picture with the cover off. It's in need of a service - there's some corrosion on the lock nut, lever, and insert. The diaphragm has a little nick in it which has been causing a bit of a fluttering during max inhalation.

I'm having trouble finding a service kit or diaphragm fix/replacement. Do you have any more specifics on a kit and diaphragm that would work?
1-_DSC2379-001.JPG

Thanks,

buy a new octo, they're very cheap! the standard sherwood service kit would work but since you need a diaphram also, might as well move on.

It's a rebadged US Divers / AquaLung.

buy a new octo, they're very cheap! the standard sherwood service kit would work but since you need a diaphram also, might as well move on.

Why would he need to purchase a new octo? The seat, diaphragm, and exhaust valve can be purchased from a Trident dealer. The orings are standard.

Yes, 22, SE3 or SEA second stage with a different cover and button.
A bit of discolouration on the lock nut is no biggie......replace the diaphragm and put it back together and it'll be good for another dozen years.

Why would he need to purchase a new octo? The seat, diaphragm, and exhaust valve can be purchased from a Trident dealer. The orings are standard.
you can get a new cheap octo for $80 so why spend as much on all those parts, not to mention all the hassle of getting them, fixing it up, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom