Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KBLee

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey there, I pretty much registered on here about 2 minutes ago so bear with me if I am breaking any rules by asking this. I was just wondering if oceanic is a good brand for equipment? That is pretty much all my local shop carries besides wetsuits, and they are primarily excel suits. I can't help but think I bought something that is not of good quality, being a new diver. When i bought my gear it was either oceanic or uhhh... oceanic. Haha. Of course they did have some other brands but it seemed like oceanic was the way to go because it seemed to be pretty popular. Did i make a mistake?

Oceanic is one of the top scuba equipment manufacturers.I have owned some Oceanic gear and was well pleased.

Welcome to SB. Post an Intro on that forum so we can fully welcome you, if you'd like.

And complete your profile with location and dive info so we can appropriately address your posts.

Oceanic is a top brand, great customer support. Let me think, I have an Oceanic Reg & BC - the two most important pieces of gear, 2 Oceanic computers, Oceanic fins, and probly some other pieces.

I'd say go with your LDS and his chosen brand, if he'll meet ScubaToys.com prices.

Oceanic is a very well known and used brand. If you have any questions/problems, there is a manufacurers forum and Oceanic is represented there

Oceanic is a very good brand, and their dive computers and bags are pretty fashionable as well.

I have an Oceanic Pro-Plus, BC, and dive bag.

However, check out Scuba Toys website for better deals for all sorts of gear including Oceanic. They advertise here on Scubaboard, and they are the bestest bestest place to get scuba gear, in my oppinion (IMO).

Welcome to the community:D

PS...not to counter Don's post, but...I had a run in with less than perfect customer support with Oceanic (single incident). It was related to a technical question and inquiry about buying something to enhance what I already had. I think it was the individual and not the company. Most likey, it was a one off rare occurence.

They have some pretty dam good stuff , i have a Veo200 computer, not the greatist on the market , but pretty dam good.

Oceanic is well known, good quality equipment ... good enough that the ScubaPro rep. showed me to the Oceanic rep when I expressed my desire for a computer, but could not swing the price of the SP one ... both of them earning high marks in my book :D (SP BC & Reg's and Oceanic gauges/VEO 200 computer)

I have an Oceanic Delta IV reg and the Pro Plus 2 computer, both are wonderful, you made a good purchase.

One thing I have found is everyone has their favorites for a variety of reasons, there are lots of good manufacturers and lines out there. Just because someone bought something else does not mean you did not make a good choice.

Never used one of their regs, but I've dived the Data Max Pro Plus computer and the VT Pro. My wife dives the Data Max Pro Plus 2. We think that they are excellent computers.

My wife has 2 Oceanic wet suits and loves them.

Welcome to the fantastic world of diving and to the ScubaBoard. We're glad you're here.

Safe dives . . . . .
. . . safer ascents!

The Kraken

The Oceanic rep on this forum has always been quick to respond and provide help. Besides being good equipment (I bought a BC, regulator, octopus, fins and knife for Chritmas...8 more days but who's counting?), what's better than having quick online support?

Back
Top Bottom