Oceanic VT4 vs Uwatec Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't see any response, probably because the VT4 is too new. Having skimmed over the manuals for both I don't think either is good for the night diver. The backlight stays on for up to 15 seconds or so and the night diver needs a continuously lit display, which probably implies rechargeable battery. Otherwise you have to keep shining your flashlight at the computer during the dive which is a pain.

Adam

If you want a continuously lit display you need an OLED PDC.

But when I night dive I don't want my display on all the time. My original air-only required a flash light shown on it for a few seconds. My new computer has a back light button.

Are you sure you would want a dive computer that would stay lit all the time?

Your best night vision comes from keeping your eyes away from any light for up to an hour before the dive and removing as much artificial light from your dive as possible.

During moon lit night dives I try to dive using no lights what so ever and prefer luminescent guages to minimize any blindness caused by the lights.

JMTCW

Posted from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree with posts #4 & 5.

Back
Top Bottom