Oceanic iPhone case is now a dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But doesn't resume giving you NDL or deco time, correct?
Correct, once you go below the depth limit it does not have the data available to give you NDL or deco time. The unconfirmed speculation from most people is that the depth sensor on the watch is not rated to provide data below 44 meters so the watch itself does not record any information below that due to a software restriction placed by Apple.

The video shows the housing has an electronic vacuum pump and (I think?) a leak detection system.

Does that change your mind at all?
Nah. I would buy a used 14 and toss that in there. I can’t imagine being without my regular phone on a trip. Just too much at stake.

The watch does not give you any depth information below 144 feet (44 meters). It will start providing depth information again once you ascend above that depth.
And, just to be clear, that is true even if you are using the app with no paid subscription?

Has anyone received their order yet or received an ETA on shipping? I ordered on the 20th and haven't heard anything, the order is still in the "processing" stage but they charged my credit card right when I ordered.

Has anyone received their order yet or received an ETA on shipping? I ordered on the 20th and haven't heard anything, the order is still in the "processing" stage but they charged my credit card right when I ordered.

I ordered one on 8/31. My order is still showing in the dealer portal as "Pre Order".

That is as opposed to the Atomic TFX regulator I ordered in July that is still showing as "Out of Stock".

The TFX *is* shipping. They are just sold out of them at the national level. Dealers have gotten them and sold them to customers.

I interpret all that to mean that the Oceanic phone case has not started shipping at all yet. Your dealer should be able to call Huish and ask when your order is expected to ship. I called last week and they told me that my Atomic order will be fulfilled in November, based on where my order is in line, from a shipment that is coming. They should have similar info they can give your dealer.

I ordered one on 8/31. My order is still showing in the dealer portal as "Pre Order".

That is as opposed to the Atomic TFX regulator I ordered in July that is still showing as "Out of Stock".

The TFX *is* shipping. They are just sold out of them at the national level. Dealers have gotten them and sold them to customers.

I interpret all that to mean that the Oceanic phone case has not started shipping at all yet. Your dealer should be able to call Huish and ask when your order is expected to ship. I called last week and they told me that my Atomic order will be fulfilled in November, based on where my order is in line, from a shipment that is coming. They should have similar info they can give your dealer.
I ordered directly from Oceanic+ and they give you an option to select your local dive shop so they get commission for it so I usually pick the one closest to my home town, not sure if thats the best way to do things but I am a digital nomad who goes between traveling somewhere new and then crashing at my parents house (which is probably funny since I am 45!).

I thought they had already been released to the public so I was curious and emailed their support and this was the response:
Hello Bruce,

Oceanic+ Housings are expected to be ready to ship within the first week of November. Your payment has secured a place in line to be one of the first to receive the long-awaited housing.

Please stay tuned for more updates!

CUSTOMER CARE

I’m sorry if I seem skeptical but I still have 21 “easy monthly payments” left on my iPhone 13 that a sneaky sales person palmed off on me a few days before the 14 was public announced.
I guess I depend long term on my phone to be a phone that does a few other things, but in dry environments. In Nassau in June I had the opportunity to provide pictures for a lovely young lady and her father after his iPhone in a “waterproof” case flooded @ 60 feet.
Not interested!
🐸

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom