Oceanic Geo Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have thought for a while that the Oceanic OCi was going to be discontinued. This was confirmed today by an email from Oceanic/Huish. It is being replaced by the Geo Air, Bluetooth compatible. Looks like it will be going for $800, competitive price for AI, transmitter included.

I have seen the information from Oceanic a while ago, it is very interesting advanced recreational dive computer at a very competitive price. I don't think that some of the information in the link is accurate, the bit about using it as a regular everyday watch. I think that it is too big to be a watch and not sure if it will show the time/date like a full time watch. This wasn't mentioned in the information I received from Oceanic a while back. Perhaps they added it now or the link is wrong, it can be either way.

I wonder if you can buy just the computer if you already have transmitter

I have seen the information from Oceanic a while ago, it is very interesting advanced recreational dive computer at a very competitive price. I don't think that some of the information in the link is accurate, the bit about using it as a regular everyday watch. I think that it is too big to be a watch and not sure if it will show the time/date like a full time watch. This wasn't mentioned in the information I received from Oceanic a while back. Perhaps they added it now or the link is wrong, it can be either way.
Even my Geo 2 has a watch face and several watch functions. I agree, way too big for me to use as a daily watch. The size factor may be a little different on the Geo Air, I have never seen a Geo 4.

I wonder if you can buy just the computer if you already have transmitter

Yes, you can. The price is around $550.00.

End of July
Thanks, scubadada. I was looking at the specs on the Divers Direct link you provided. Looks very interesting, but it didn't mention (or I just didn't see) whether it has a compass built in. I would think it would but you never know. I really like that it has Bluetooth and user upgradeable firmware.

Thanks, scubadada. I was looking at the specs on the Divers Direct link you provided. Looks very interesting, but it didn't mention (or I just didn't see) whether it has a compass built in. I would think it would but you never know. I really like that it has Bluetooth and user upgradeable firmware.
The Geo 4 does not have a compass, I doubt the Geo Air has a compass and they would have listed it in the features.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom