Oceanic Geo Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good question, nothing is wrong with it. Straps broke and I got a generic nylon type to replace them.

The DSAT is super liberal, even running on the conservative setting I am fine amongst friends.
Not averse to changing to a more conservative algorithm at all. Getting older and should slow down on the body a bit.

I have the transmitter so these two are top of the list, the Perdix 2 just climbs out at double the cost.
It probably comes down to looks or the fact I can get the Aqualung locally today, would have to import the Geo Air from the USA at this point.

HI @shark_za

Ranking from most liberal to most conservative; DSAT, PZ+, DSAT with conservatism, PZ+ wih conservatism. DSAT with conservatism is quite conservative. What computers to your daughters dive?

Here is a table I put together a few years ago comparing NDLs using 32% nitrox and the 4 deco algorithms:
1673552868949.png

Old? You're only 52 :)

I used to think I was a Navy SEAL, now I just look like a seal.

Family is using a mix match of old stuff I have gathered over time, a Suunto Mosquito, a Mares Puck and then a Zoop and Gekko that have failed and let me down recently BOTH started going mad with the sensor around the same time. So RGBM types.
Wont touch Suunto ever again; originally I moved away from them as they were too conservative for my Aladin wearing mates, Suunto was a time waster so they go relegated to the wife who did pretty coral shallow dives. I thought the extra conservatism would be fine for them, over protective I guess. She still uses the Mosquito, I'll get a backup for when that fails.

I found a Tusa 900 Zen at a price I could not resist so one of them will be diving PZ+ next time.

On the Geo Air vs i470tc , it seems to be a simple case of looks and maybe screen size. Having made peace with the PZ+.

But the main reason I would go with the Geo Air is it was the dual algorithms DSAT and PZ+ whereas the Aqualong runs the PZ+ only, a more conservative algorithm than DSAT. The pricing is very close for the two computers so that isn't much of a factor.
My thoughts exactly. With the Oceanic, you can stick with the algorithm you are using, or can switch to PZ+. With the Aqualung, you must change algorithms. So unless there is a significant cost difference (doesn't sound like there is), I'd get the Oceanic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom