Oceanic Geo 2.0, Veo 2.0, Veo 3.0, or Suunto Zoop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a problem with a veo but Oceanic replaced it ASAP with no hassle..kudos to them. Like it.

Althought im not an expert, i was in the same spot as you are right now.
I end up buying Geo 2.0. and its great dive computer. a bit hard to figure out the menues and sittings at the beginning ( thought about return it back ) but once you understand the flow of it, you will like it. my Geo 2.0 has a depth gauge.

what i don't like about it is that you can't upgrade it to be an air transmiter. i really regret buying it for that reason. at first i was like, maaaan i won't need air transmiter, now im thinking if i bought a dive computer with air transmiter feature, i might eleminate the need for depth/air console. now in almost every dive trip i make with one of the local dive shops, i see more and more divers using air transmiter.

maybe the old version of air transmiter had some problems but i belive the new models are relayable.

basically, don't buy something that you will overgrow in the next couple of years. different between air transmiter and non air transmiter is not really that huge.

Althought im not an expert, i was in the same spot as you are right now.
I end up buying Geo 2.0. and its great dive computer. a bit hard to figure out the menues and sittings at the beginning ( thought about return it back ) but once you understand the flow of it, you will like it. my Geo 2.0 has a depth gauge.

what i don't like about it is that you can't upgrade it to be an air transmiter. i really regret buying it for that reason. at first i was like, maaaan i won't need air transmiter, now im thinking if i bought a dive computer with air transmiter feature, i might eleminate the need for depth/air console. now in almost every dive trip i make with one of the local dive shops, i see more and more divers using air transmiter.

maybe the old version of air transmiter had some problems but i belive the new models are relayable.

basically, don't buy something that you will overgrow in the next couple of years. different between air transmiter and non air transmiter is not really that huge.

There are a few of us who don't believe an Air integrated (AI) computer is a necessity, nor that a non-AI computer is merely a stepping stone to an AI computer. I'll take my brass 'n' glass SPG and "simple" GEO 2.0 over AI any day of the week.

They are all good products.
Whatever model you purchase make sure you learn how to properly use it.

If you buy an Oceanic dive computer, remember that it comes with a free online class.
But you need to register it with Oceanic so they can send you an Activation Code for the class.

I just bought a VEO 3.0 earlier this year. I really like it. The free online class that came with it was really helpful too.

I have a Geo2 and my kids use a Veo2. Both computers are great as we are new divers and I am sure they will suffice as we grow to a more advanced level. My advice is to get either the Geo2 or Veo3. The third button is worth the extra cash. Use the free dive nav on line tutorial.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom