Oceanic Geo 2.0, Veo 2.0, Veo 3.0, or Suunto Zoop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BeccaBug

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone,

Im a fairly new diver (about 15 dives) and im looking to invest in a dive computer. I want something that is easy to use and not too many features that I wont ever need. But also something that will last me into the future so I dont need to get a new one in a couple years.

Ive been looking at these models and like them all but not really sure which to get. Im leaning more towards the veo 2.0 or 3.0 but id like some more input!

Thanks!

FWIW, I have a Veo 2.0 and have been happy with it. My only quibble is that the battery requires changing every year, while my son's Zoop is towards the end of its 3rd season on the same battery. Of course, the Zoop doesn't have backlighting so I would dismiss it for that reason, and he is thinking of changing.

I really like my Geo 2.0, I prefer the lower profile wrist-watch style over a puck in a wrist boot style. I can't speak to the Suunto at all other than it's "puck style" would put me off.

I have a pair of Geos (not the 2.0) and am happy with them. Don't think you will go wrong with any of the ones you are looking at. Kinda comes down to personal preference. Can you get local support on them when you need it, or do they have to be shipped off? This could be a factor for some folks.

I prefer a puck style computer. I opted for the Veo 3.0 over the 2.0 because of the extra button. Being able to scroll back as opposed to having to scroll all the way through to get to where you want to be. I have over 60 dives over a span of almost 2 years and no battery issues yet.

i have the veo 3.0 and chose it for it's dual algorithm, 3 buttons, backlight and safety stop countdown shown in seconds (i think the zoop counts down in minutes?). leisurepro.com had the veo 3.0s for $280 for awhile, but i think it's back up to $399.

i have the veo 3.0 and chose it for it's dual algorithm, 3 buttons, backlight and safety stop countdown shown in seconds (i think the zoop counts down in minutes?). leisurepro.com had the veo 3.0s for $280 for awhile, but i think it's back up to $399.

Crap! At $280 I would have bought a second one to use as a backup.

---------- Post added August 16th, 2013 at 11:52 AM ----------

Lp is selling a used veo 3.0 gauge console for $265.

I have had two Geo 2 for two seasons. I'm happy with it except that you must use a usb connection to computer to obtain average depth values for SAC calculations. I intend on keeping these computers as backup even should I eventually step up to a Petrel, they have been very good.

I have had two Geo 2 for two seasons. I'm happy with it except that you must use a usb connection to computer to obtain average depth values for SAC calculations. I intend on keeping these computers as backup even should I eventually step up to a Petrel, they have been very good.

That's a good point. I bought the cable, but if you did not want to, you cannot get the average depth off of the display. You can with the Zoop.

If you CALL them you can very often get a price much better than the online advertised price (being an Oceanic dealer, they are required to adhere to Minimum Advertised Price rules). I didn't pay anywhere near the retail 429 or so for my Geo2.0 and I bought it very shortly after it was released.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom