Oceanic Caribe Fins (full foot): a quick review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sactomags

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just tried out my new Oceanic Caribe fins today in the pool at my health club. We're off to Saba in a few days, and I wanted to see about some full foot fins since all dives are boat dives. The Caribe got good reviews, so I took the plunge (literally).

The foot pocket fits snugly, but not too tight so that my foot felt constricted. I wear a size 7.5 shoe, and the fin they sent is a 5-6.

This fin really propels with not much effort. I would say that the fin blade is moderately stiff. I did frog style kicks as well as regular kicking on while on my stomach and back. Couldn't check out how they work to hover as the club's pool is only 4.5 deep. The fin performed well in each position, even a side-stroke. I swam laps for 30 minutes and my legs were not tired, my feet did not cramp up, and I can honestly say I like the fin.

Now, the test will be next week in Saba and the ocean, but so far, I'm pleased with the purchase. I'll post an after-trip report to tell how the fins performed.

Margaret
Counting down to Saba: 4 days

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom