Oceanfest 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As everyone surely knows by now...OceanFest was a blowout with high winds, rough seas, and cruddy vis. I didn't get to dive but I did win two round trip tickets to the bahamas the treasurehunt!!! :)

iflyprops:
As everyone surely knows by now...OceanFest was a blowout with high winds, rough seas, and cruddy vis. I didn't get to dive but I did win two round trip tickets to the bahamas the treasurehunt!!! :)

Congrats! But how'd you win them in the treasure hunt? Weren't those supposed to be dives?

Marc

Sounds like Ocean Fest was good for prizes. I won a copy of Paul Humanns "Reef fish Identification" at the Blackbeards seminar. Not too shabby, a $40 book and two lectures by Robert Marx for the cost of three days admission.

We had a blast !!!! I thought it was pretty cool checking out all the vendors, we got to meet some really great new friends, awesome margaritas (mmmmmmmm) and my 7 year old won a mask snorkle and fins set from MARES...

yeah, what was the deal with the treasure hunt?
Hermit Crab also won a snorkel set from Ocean Pals (Mares donated the prizes), got a bunch of beach balls, and am waiting on a pic of us with the artist Pascal Lecocq, Grier talked to him quite a while and Pascal finally agreed to go snorkeling with us sometime!
I had a blast both days, good company, cold beer, lotsa laughs...Hey Wally 1716 ya still got that T shirt on hold for me??

Well, the babe (scbababe) and I didn't do so bad either; we got two tickets for free, so we went on Sunday, and I just received the email from Bob Soto's Reef Divers in Grand Cayman advising me that I won the free IDC course YAY!!!!!

Well, my first day back to work wasn't so terrible.....guess having a good day at the beach with dive buddies (even without the diving part) was a good way to unwind and return to Florida.
Walter, sorry I missed ya.....
Marc, thank you VERY much for the tickets, it was above and beyond, and very appreciated. I see a pint of fresh salsa in your future...and a singular fin whenever we actually meet up in person again.
I'm sorry I didn't get to join the fun on Saturday, but had a great time with Grier (remember to pass that little brother on to me, ok? :), Jenny (as always) and meeting Vickie and Daryl and Rick and Angie and baby.....Vickie and Daryl, I have a feeling you guys will fit right in with this group!
Can't wait for a next event...someday this blizzard will die down.....!

Scuba_Jenny:
, and am waiting on a pic of us with the artist Pascal Lecocq, Grier talked to him quite a while and Pascal finally agreed to go snorkeling with us sometime!
I had a blast both days, good company, cold beer, lotsa laughs...Hey Wally 1716 ya still got that T shirt on hold for me??

I'll get Darrel to download them tonight........ :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom