Oceanfest 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there last year for the treasure hunt and had a good time even though I did not find any coins. The best thing to do is arrive early as possible or drop your gear off near the stage. It's still a long walk to the shore from the parking lot and there is plenty of parking.

although I'd love to come and see everyone, in my opinion Oceanfest sucks. Especillay since they moved it to Ft. Lauderdale last year (or was it the year before). I liked it a whole lot better when it was held at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. I noticed that when they moved it to Ft. Lauderdale that half of the vendors from previous years weren't there, and the vendors that are there are mostly tourist dive destinations and travel junk. Not to mention that the shore diving was much better in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea.

Anyway, last year when I went, parking was like $10 and it was a good hike from the event.

If I remember right last year was the first year it was held in Ft. Lauderdale. I thought it was much smaller then previous years but that could be due to the fact it was the first year in the new location. I'm going this year in the hopes that it will be better as more people know it's moved.

Parking can be a pain but it's a fun day and what's another 10 bucks amoung friends. LOL I just brought my own drinks in a back pack and saved the money on beer at the event to pay for parking.

I going to try to get that weekend off work and be there all three days to enjoy the sun and fun.

Cool... I have no idea what's going on but am glad several of you are familiar with the event. When details are announced, how about somebody putting an agenda together so that we'll all know when/where to park & drop, dive and "eat, drink & be merry."

Awesome! We can piggy-back this event with a "Conch Divers" meet!

lol I'll trade you some more of that home-made for an extra organizer I have laying around.
KBeck:
Thanks for the thought Mike!! I've been wanting to hit Oceanfest since I got certified, so I'm definitely up for it. Though I REALLY need to invest in a calendar to wirte some of this stuff down....I still can't figure out which way is up without a real paper calendar! SNIP...

I've always enjoyed the show. It was smaller last year, but I think that may have been as much a reflection of the economy as anything else. But it was still interesting.

Click here for the schedule of events this year. I've heard the treasure hunt can be fun.

Marc

I checked out the seminars and they were the same as last year. I looked up at the top of the page and it had the 2003 date. Hopefully they will update it, by that I mean update the seminars not just the date.

DAN's offering discounts to Oceanfest. See the attached coupon.

DAN Member Discount for Ocean-Festival 2004

DAN is always looking to add even more value to your DAN Membership. In that spirit, we offer this discount for $2 off your daily admission to the Ocean-Festival Dive & Adventure Sports Expo on May 14-16 in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.

Here's how it works:

Print out your coupon from the PDF link below;
Bring the coupon and your DAN Member card to the show Ticket Booth; and
Get $2 off daily admission into the expo.

To learn more about the show, go to http://www.oceanfest.com

Tickets must be purchased at the show to receive the discount.

Marc

I went last year, and just like anything on the beach; it was a zoo. Would definetly consider going this year if I didn't have to spend an hour parking a mile away.

Perhaps we can get a group of scubaboard members to go and meet somewhere. Who else is considering going?

Wendy:
although I'd love to come and see everyone, in my opinion Oceanfest sucks. Especillay since they moved it to Ft. Lauderdale last year (or was it the year before). I liked it a whole lot better when it was held at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. I noticed that when they moved it to Ft. Lauderdale that half of the vendors from previous years weren't there, and the vendors that are there are mostly tourist dive destinations and travel junk. Not to mention that the shore diving was much better in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea.

Anyway, last year when I went, parking was like $10 and it was a good hike from the event.

Do I even need to ask you to count me in? Sounds like a great time for all!

-Grier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom