Oceanfest 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would consider it for sure. Jenny any chance of that couch being free? Any plans of doing any shore diving over that weekend on the side? Could people car pool in from outside the area to reduce the parking troubles? I usually find only about 1-2 hours at most interest in such shows that i have been to for other stuff, would be much better to meet up and dive with futher SB people. I would imagine the beachfront being pretty busy and also underwater - particularly at the treasure hunt time, which would be a pain.

From what I have heard, its a blast, the diving and all. I have been to the shows in the past, but not at this location. I have had the pleasure of meeting Paul Human (Reef ID) and hearing the tale of Keiko the Killer Whale (Free Willy, the movie) from Jean Costeau.
Simon, yes the couch is available. And I look forward to diving during the event, and getting together sometime...Somebody want to fire up the BBQ grill... maybe somebody who lives nearby? I would love to, however I am about 15 miles from the event.

If you show your DAN membership card you will get a $2.00 off admission.

So can you get $4 off if you are both? Actually i am not with PADI, but just for those who are.

We arrive on saturday evening (5:30pm May 15) and will be spending the week in N. Miami beach area.

I was certified in Hawaii March of 03, and completed my PADI AOW September 03.

I have 20+ logged dives, and will be bringing all my gear, including the seaquest PRO QD+ bc :eyebrow: I won at our earth day event here at home. (Northwest Indiana, southern tip of lake Michigan)

I called several shops yesterday and they said small craft advisory was in effect, and you all have been getting hammered like it was when I was down in November.

SO.... I was wondering if any of the members here had any suggestions on how to get a couple of dives in this next week.

I will need to rent tank, and weights.

I am the only family member of the 4 coming down that dives so will need a buddy for shore dives?

All suggestions welcomed.

Daniel
AOW PADI
Seaquest scuba club VAlparaiso, Indiana

Pray. For nicer weather that is. It's been like this for a least a month and there is no sign of it letting up through at least Monday. If I were you I wouldn't plan on doing any shore diving this weekend and if you try a local boat you better bring some triptone cuz it's gonna be rough.

November I dove with Horizon and we had 5+ seas it was a blast, and I have since upgraded my gear.

They placed rodeo diver stickers in the log book :)

Dan

That happened to be my first shark experience,..5' blask tip reef shark about 4 foot away from me,..hehe

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom