Ocean Master Primero Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raposarose

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this mask?

I have the Z2 and I love it...great fit, easy to clear (I don't use the purge much).

But I tried I Mares X-Vision and loved the wide angle view. Unfortunately it didn't fit so I took it back and stuck to the Z2.

But now the Primero is out and it looks like the best of both worlds. Is the fit similar to the Z2, how is the view, any drawbacks? Since I had a positive experience with Ocean Master in the past I am hoping this is the mask for me.

Thanks in advance for feedback!

Both my wife and I use the Primero. We switched this year. I switched from a 3 year old OM V3 and she switched for a same aged Oceanic something-or-another.

She really likes hers. It fits far better than her old one. I like mine too and had prescription lenses installed. The Primero isn't a low volume mask but it is easy to clear. I had a purge valve in my old v3 and put one in the Primero too but now I rarely use it. If you want big glass and lot's of peripheral I would highly recommend it.

Don

BTW: If you need prescription lenses putting them in your mask will change your world.

raposarose:
Has anyone tried this mask?

I have the Z2 and I love it...great fit, easy to clear (I don't use the purge much).

But I tried I Mares X-Vision and loved the wide angle view. Unfortunately it didn't fit so I took it back and stuck to the Z2.

But now the Primero is out and it looks like the best of both worlds. Is the fit similar to the Z2, how is the view, any drawbacks? Since I had a positive experience with Ocean Master in the past I am hoping this is the mask for me.

Thanks in advance for feedback!

Well I got it and dove it once.

For me there were benefits and drawbacks. The view is nice and the nose pocket fits me better than the Z2 does. Unfortunately it leaked more than the Z2 and pressed my brow right above between the eyes. The mask protrudes inward a bit at that point. It left an impression and a sore spot.

I might try it in a pool again to see if an adjustment can be made. I keep trying to move beyond the limited view of the Z2 (not limited, just a traditional two window mask). But first the X-Vision and now the Primero seem to fit well on land but then underwater cause problems. The Oceanmaster Z2 might just be the mask I am stuck with unless I can find a similar profile on a wide-angle lens mask.

Oh well. Just thought I'd report back. Thanks for the info Don Janni. I would recommend the Primero as a well made mask for anyone that it fits well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom