Ocean Fest 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi everyone.

A friend of mine from northern Florida is coming down to stay with me this weekend, and attend Oceanfest. He's a good dive buddy, and a good potential Scubaboarder.

What is the current plan for diving this weekend? Are you truly diving Saturday morning before Oceanfest gets started? Shore diving? Or a boat dive? If you are heading out, we'd like to join you.

Looking forward to seeing you all again...

Are you truly diving Saturday morning before Oceanfest gets started?

oh yes !...i'm guessing that the plans will be made during the friday night festivities (unless people's preference is a boat dive which would actually require some planning)...i'm up for a beach dive as i so rarely do them.....

Let's plan something so that we can make the appropriate arrangements. I wouldn't mind making a dive in the morning, but where do we meet, will it be a boat or beach dive, etc etc etc. Also, keep in mind that there will be a lot of partying on Friday night, so a lot of people may sign up, but not make it due to a minor chemical imballance. Just some thoughts!

Lee

I'm thinking Saturday AM diving is out for me. I plan on hitting a bunch of those classes their offering so getting up at dark thirty after partying a good portion of the night, just isn't going to work.

OceanFest does do sponsored beach dives---treasure hunts. Boat dives on Saturday (nothing more specific in the website) and beach dive at 12:00 on Sunday. Maybe we can plan to do one or both of those, so it's already set for time and place. Those who don't want to dive can still wander the Festival, Drink, or attend classes............I for one haven't dived that area before, so I'm happy with it.

Okay lets get serious here man! I am staying, as many others here are, at the Bahia Cabana right across from Fort Lauderdale beach. I am absolutley going to get some shore diving in. I also plan to hit many of the seminars. WHICH is a good thing I have dive lights! Take a couple snap lights and we are diving!

I am Going to (not try to) dive off Hollywood Beach and would like a guide as I have not seen it in 17 or so years.

So lets start with a Early AM Dive at the OceanFest Site for those of us who are able early in the AM hours!

PS- Women in Bikini's are invited to shower and change in my room before we start the seminars that morning.

PSS- I will be staying at the Bahia Cabana Days Inn not the Bahia Mar Beach Resort . You can tell the difference by the gated entrance, gate tender in pressed uniform, the $30 Million dollar yachts parked out back VS the Tiki bar and the "Key West styled rooms."

When you want to dive Hollywood Beach, Saturday morning? I might be able to arrange that time to be your personal dive guide.

I'm in Eric. I took off Friday. Thursday at 4:30 P.M., I'm done. Oceanfest here I come......... :scubadive....:cheers:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom