Oakville Wreck Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its hard to take your explanations seriously when
1. You admit to hitting/bumping/rubbing/coming in contact with the boat in question,
2. You admit to cursing out another boat in front of your customers, and
3. Your replies and posts are so disjointed to be almost unreadable.

You're not doing anything to help your case.

Rob

I am guessing you are referring to me as the events you describe reflect some things that happened in my life.

Lets just address your statements one at a time;

You must of had fun you and your side kick keeping these puppets wound up. You have puppets. O.W.K.D..... and a few more I know them and the silent ones. Now they are going to get crazy people to get guns to attack me from their boat. It’s getting stupid and crazy. Scuba board is tame in comparison to those other wacko-jobs on Ontario Diving. Topo bad alot of nice people and divers on that form and they like to dive and have fun.

First of all I do not bad mouth you, in private or public. If you think I do, I hope you have proof. I have not posted any thing damaging about you on any board. I feel you have a misguided view of my actions. I do however need to clarify a few things.

You say I’ve been getting people upset with you, turning them against you!? You really need to check your facts. You say I have puppets on Ontario Diving and am some mastermind of a fan club of yours. I have no clue what you are talking about. Ontario Diving and I have had a tough time at best. I have had temporary bans from there for breaking the rules for which I apologized and made my amends. I hope that after this, you can do the same.

I HAVE NEVER ATTACKED YOU. I AM ON HERE JUST LIKE YOU USING MY NAME NOT AN ALIAS. I AM ASKING YOU TO BACK OFF LEAVE ME ALONE, AS I HAVE YOU. NOTHING ELSE. If you have a problem let me know, my number hasn’t changed in over 10 years my email is open and in the public domain.

B... when your dive boat sank last year off Toronto why did you call me for help?

I called you because I once worked for you (you may remember the Toronto fire boat prop fouling). That was the only time I can remember working for you. You have a business that would normally service someone that was in my situation.

I was not looking for a handout I had a job. My Insurance Company would have been paying and I thought of you.
SORRY I WONT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN.

I did work for your brother and father. I would like to point out here that your father is one of the nicest most impressive people I have ever met in my life. It was MY pleasure to have met him and am truly thankful for all the knowledge he passed on to me. I don’t think I can extend that much farther.

Your brother and I have had our disagreements and I have spoke to him civilly at industry shows from time to time. I have not seen any signs he hates me. He has always represented him self as a gentleman in public. I wish him and his new family all the success in life.

It all started when I caught two of them stealing camera’s from our store all called them on it.

You said I stole cameras from your store?? I can only assume you are referring to the 2 Samsung cameras I bought on MY account which has your brothers shop listed as an authorized buyer. I was working there at the time the account was set up. He did not want to sell cameras or stock an item like that, as the technology changes too fast. We could get stuck with stock that wouldn’t sell. Anyway, those cameras were bought for 2 employees of the shop. I made no profit and just acted as a point of contact for them.

Check your stories. Every one of the cameras sold while I was employed by your brother went through my personal VISA and were sold to the shop by me. Secondly on that matter, If I "STOLE", why wasn’t I contacted by a law enforcement agency? Why do I have to hear about this through other people on a board I didn't even belong to until yesterday??

For an "Up front, honest guy" I’m confused Rob.

Its easy I have a 26 man inflatable dive rib, a 20 foot commercial rescue rib, a commercial 18 ft. A bunch of small rescue dinghy’s

You say you own several boats ect ect.. I did not realize you acquired your dad and brother's boats. I guess congrats are in order. I am glad to hear your doing so well. As you say, you are an honest guy just out for fun diving. So I guess I’m curious, did your brother sell you his 26-28 foot rib? Anyway Sorry I’m sliding off topic.

Sorry Rob I can no longer listen to you go on and on about things I didn’t do. I can only apologize for not addressing this sooner but it has gone on WAY TOO LONG!!

Face up to what you are and admit you are not being 100% open and honest and up front with all the facts. You described a “bump” with an other boat on your mooring. A diver down flag and or an Alpha flag require you give space. EVERY CAPTAIN knows this. So how is it you couldn’t control the Orkney (you practically grew up on that boat) to avoid the other boat? If I came in with my boat and bumped your tug while you had divers in the water, you would probably call the cops.You would be in the right to do so. No one has called the cops so maybe something is not being said. But you down play and omit little details to suit your self.

I have had enough of sitting on the sidelines and being painted with a brush of what ever colour YOU seem to think suits me.

This is me, BRYAN THOMAS, not hiding, not twisting anything, just defending myself against the incoherent ramblings of someone who THINKS he knows more than he does. ROB! leave me alone!! I do not want to get involved in an argument with you. Or anything else for that matter.

If someone else has done you wrong I hope you can get them to apologize or stop or both.

Thank you

SB thank you for letting us clear the air.

PS what is O.W.K.D??

This is nothing short of a :trainwreck:

Every once in a while, a person feels compelled to continue a fight even though they know they are wrong. In this case, I do not care who is right or wrong, but I believe we have passed that point where the argument survives on stubborness. The discussion has gone beyond personal so I just cannot believe the people have not yet said screw it, ignored the thread and let it die. And if half the stuff being said is true, then this is worse than most soap operas :shakehead:.

Really? I think the entertianment value just went up by an order of magnitude. Usually I have to pay good money for this kind of entertainment.

Can I send you a bill? LOL

People I am sorry for this, But I don't need the stress and drama in my life and I just need it to stop.

Can I send you a bill? LOL

People I am sorry for this, But I don't need the stress and drama in my life and I just need it to stop.

Hey, ultimately it is our choice to read....so no need to apologize. But, as I said, I cannot believe it is still happening. It really is like a train wreck

Again Rob, if you would like to represent yourself on OD and are having issues with logins or passwords, please let me know through a PM or via the email address below and I will personally issue you a new password and login name and send it to you via email.

I can assure you that while there is an active discussion on this topic occuring on OD, there is no board based conspiracy against you or your shops. No one speaks for ontariodiving.com except the administration staff and none of the members you refer to in your posts are on staff with ontariodiving.com in any way. The discussion there has followed along the same lines as this one with the exception of your side of the story and has been moderated fairly allowing for free speech and open discussion.

If you have attempted to sign in using several logins you may be stuck in a moderation hold until the new login is reviewed by an administrator. We had several alias logins in the last week that are in this category. We also underwent a server upgrade over the weekend which may have interferred with your recent login attempt as several posts went missing during the upgrade process.

Kevin Ripley
Administrator, ontariodiving.com
kevin@indepthscubaservice.com

PS what is O.W.K.D??

Hey Bryan, those appear to be the first initials of 4 prominent members on O.D. who have been diving off zodiacs in Oakville or have made comments regarding any of Rob's many altercations with divers. Think about it, you know who they are... :wink: We knew you were B.

BTW, it was stated several posts back that this all started with the incident with the firefighter post in mid-July 2007. This is not true. I did the S.A. Queen, Rumrunner and Two Bits in Oakville off a private zodiac on July 1st 2007 and heard the stories from before then. I was told of the altercations already, and as we were about to leave the site, Rob came zooming toward us and we left in a hurry, barely back on the zodiac. The issues started as soon as the GPS coordinates became known that late spring. By mid-July 2007, they had escalated quite embarassingly.

LOL Ayisha. Since there are not many members starting with an "O", I can only assume who is meant by that.
I've been called many things in the past but no one was silly enough yet to call me a sock puppet. :rofl3:
Funny thing is that you could count the times I have dived off a zodiac in Oakville on the fingers of your hands.

Rob, I do not really tend to participate in this forum anymore due to lack of interest but as you called for me, I'll do you the favour and respond to it. I'll pretty much repeat what I have said on Ontario Diving while using my real name and not hiding behind an alias as some of your "customers" have done here.
I do not know you or your family although I have heard that people have the utmost respect for your father who most call a true gentleman.
You, on the contrary, have the reputation of being a "hot head" and not the nicest person to deal with. This comes from quite a few people who know you since many years.
It's highly unfortunate that in this case, the apple does appear to have fallen far from the tree.

I'm really not interested in your incoherent babbling about what happened in the past as it has very little to do with what happened recently beside the fact that your territorial behaviour on the water appears to have escalated from just cursing and threatening people to colliding with vessels that you perceive to have intruded in your territory.
Fact: one boat was moored, flying a dive flag and not under power and another vessel with a running engine, which was under your control, collided with it.
It's not deniable. You admitted so yourself. Correct?

Whether it was carelessness, incompetence or intention is beside the point in the fact that it should have never happened. Turn and twist it as you want, safe boating regulations, rules and laws were violated. I would have expected more from a skipper who claims to be as experienced as you claim to be.
According to your own words, there was a person on the ladder of the zodiac and another one in the water, on the line. These people could have been seriously hurt if your steel tug would have hit them.
All I can say is that thankfully no one was bodily harmed in the collision. It could have ended much worse.

Rob, you're not blameless in this situation regardless how much you try to present yourself as a victim here. You are, actually, the offending party!!!
Be a man, stand up to your responsibilities as a skipper and finally admit that the collision (Or "bump" as you called it) was your fault. Apologize for this unsafe seamanship and try to make it better in the future rather than come out swinging and blaming everyone else.
People are not stupid. Everyone can make a mistake, have an error in judgment or simply screw up. Most people will forgive someone who made a mistake and is willing to admit it and improve on that.
Most people are less forgiving for arrogance and incompetence combined with unwillingness to accept responsibility and improve for the future.

Back
Top Bottom