O-Ring Faber Hot Dip Galvanized High Pressure Steel Tank 117

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvchief

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone point me to replacement o-rings for the my Faber steel tanks i bought from Leisure pro? No one can seem to tell me what exactly is the o-ring in them.

Thanks!

@DiveGearExpress has a great chart on their website. I assume you're talking about the o-ring between the tank and the valve? That is size 214.
If you're talking about the valve in particular that we need to know which valve/yoke insert is involved.

@DiveGearExpress has a great chart on their website. I assume you're talking about the o-ring between the tank and the valve? That is size 214.
If you're talking about the valve in particular that we need to know which valve/yoke insert is involved.

I am looking for the one between the valve and the regulator. I got them from Leisure Pro, but they can't tell me for sure. They think they are blue steel valves. I think Kaplan Industries assembles them for Leisure pro to sell, but they never answered me.

To be clear, Leisure Pro really tried to get me to an answer and tried to hook me up with the supplier.

@cvchief ok, when you said the specific tank that usually calls for the neck o-ring.

The valve listed has 2 o-rings that are easily replaceable, one is the yoke side of the adapter and the other is the DIN side of the adapter. The DIN side should be 112, yoke should be 014 which are the standard valve o-ring sizes. These will be in standard save a dive kits but also available from that same DGX link, nothing special about them

@cvchief ok, when you said the specific tank that usually calls for the neck o-ring.

The valve listed has 2 o-rings that are easily replaceable, one is the yoke side of the adapter and the other is the DIN side of the adapter. The DIN side should be 112, yoke should be 014 which are the standard valve o-ring sizes. These will be in standard save a dive kits but also available from that same DGX link, nothing special about them
They are not standard, sadly. Its a fat big ring.

The best guess from Leisure Pro didnt work.

1674173396059.png

Could you put a new insert into the valve and call it a day? That way you'd have a standard o-ring and not trying to find an oddball one. If not that then I saw 3 valves listed here for $35.

If you have the old oring in hand, see if it matches a size chart.
I use this one often, it covers many of the orings in use for my scuba, home, and work related needs. Make sure to print at "actual size" or "100% scale".

It should be a 116 and 014 (standard yoke) on the BlueSteel DIN insert. That seems wrong to me but that is what the diagram says.

1674177544982.png

1674178064239.png

While I dont have any 116 orings on the island (I just checked) I do have plenty of DIN/Yoke donut inserts if you needed one. They should fit the BlueSteel valves if you're in a pinch.

It should be a 116 and 014 (standard yoke) on the BlueSteel DIN insert. That seems wrong to me but that is what the diagram says.

View attachment 765168
View attachment 765169

While I dont have any 116 orings on the island (I just checked) I do have plenty of DIN/Yoke donut inserts if you needed one. They should fit the BlueSteel valves if you're in a pinch.

Thanks, man. Not in a pinch. So if I get that correctly, the new style (Tanks bought 2019) would have 116 on both side of the insert? Guess maybe I should screw that insert out and see what that second oring looks like. I think a friend of mine actually found some to match at Meridiano (home of the short fill on high pressure tanks...) , but I am still not sure what he found....

Thanks man! I guess I was thinking I would have just asked you..... I owe you a beer!

Thanks, man. Not in a pinch. So if I get that correctly, the new style (Tanks bought 2019) would have 116 on both side of the insert? Guess maybe I should screw that insert out and see what that second oring looks like. I think a friend of mine actually found some to match at Meridiano (home of the short fill on high pressure tanks...) , but I am still not sure what he found....

Thanks man! I guess I was thinking I would have just asked you..... I owe you a beer!

Let me know when you're on island next or if you're still here! I'm snowbirding until April.
If they are indeed 116s you could always order a lifetime supply here.

Viton

Nitrile

Back
Top Bottom