NYC diver seeks dutch springs buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pending weather tuesday 10/14 is a go. anyone up for something tomorrow? i am thinking of hitting allenhurst jetty just north of asbury park.

I'm up for this Saturday and I already took off the 13th, so that may work too. I don't know if the 14th will work, but maybe the following week.

I agree we need a NY/NJ/PA forum.

OK- so now Friday looks good again, and I'm telling my boss I'm taking the day off as soon as he walks in. Can anyone make it out to dive with us? There is a nice, 11:30AM tide that will get you home before the Friday rush.

Cool! It's official! I have the day off, and we're definitely going!

Great! We have two joining us for a dive tomorrow. We can meet at the exit 64 7-11 at about 9AM. Just confirm if you'll be there so I don't leave anyone behind.

Saturdays' weather is looking up also

I'm still in.

How would you recommend getting there from NJ at that time of day?

When I was going there a few summers ago, to work, I used to go right through the city and take the Queens midtown, but it was never during rush hour.

I'd imagine to be there by 9:00am tomorrow, I'd have to leave now!

I just found out that my LDS is closed / at DEMA so I can not rent gear from them, if I can rent from somewhere else or possibly borrow from my buddy then I will meet you there. I will know by the end of the day and will post another message.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben- Hope to see you.

Grunzster- If you're in northern NJ your best bet would probably be Whitestone/Cross Bronx/Throgs Neck. After you cross the Throgs Neck bridge take the Clearview Ex or Cross Island Parkway to 495 (LI expswy) east. You will have to leave early, but once you get on the Island you will be heading against traffic.

If you guys are into it, there's an IHOP or something right next to the 7-11. We could hook up at 8AM, and have some pre dive breakfast together. That'll let you all leave before the traffic gets bad and not have to choose between sitting in traffic or sitting at the 7-11 for an hour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom