NYC diver seeks dutch springs buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SK- Yeah, I hope so.
Think you'll be going in november?

I have more info regarding the NDI club.
I guess i'll start a new thread.
North America i suppose.
We need at least five people to get it started...

Is there anything that we have to do for the club and what does NDI stand for?

As far as diving in November I am up for it as long as the water is 50-55 degrees I think. Although other than going below the 2nd thermocline at Dutch Springs for about 10 minutes I have never spent any great amount of time in that temp in the water.

Ben

I started a new thread in North America.
http://www.scubaboard.com/t38733/s.html

NDI stands for Neptune Divers International.
It's part of scuba board.
We would get our own forum under 'NDI Club Locations'

All we need to do is create a member contact list
of at least five members from the region,
and promote diving in our area.

We can add in anything else we want.

XJae once bubbled...
SK- Yeah, I hope so.
Think you'll be going in november?

November is looking iffy. Jen and I went night diving on the south shore after everyone left on Friday. You get water fresh from the Atlantic down there, and it was cold. I was getting a reading of 59 to 60 degrees on the computer :eek: You could see everything dying back. All the green seaweed and colorful sponges were gone. As for critters, there were still plenty of crustaceans, but no pipefish or tropicals, and less of everything else.

The north shore was still 65 degress and pretty lively, but most of the colorful seaweed and sponges were gone there also. Once you start getting significantly below 60, most everything disappears, and the diving becomes pretty lame.

I would recommend that anyone who wants to get out and dive with us, do so within the next two weeks. If you make the effort to come out, I'll keep my schedule clear to take you. Other than that, we can see how the weather holds up. It looks like another cold front is going to be here by mid week :(

As for the club, count me in. I'll go sign up in the NA section. I'm still here for a while, and would be glad to contribute my knowledge of some of the local diving, even after I move. Besides, a yearly trip back up here for some diving is already in our plans.

How do the tides look for the 24th and 25th?

Is secret beach at southhold?
If so, it looks like the daytime high tide is 10:30a Fri and 11:13a Sat.

New moon though,
that shortens the slack, right?

Won't it be nice to move this to the Wreck Valley NDI forum :)

If the weather is nice on the 24th, I'll take a diving day off, which doubles our chances that either the 24th or 25th will be nice enough to hit the beach.

We are also doing a 6PM evening dive at Hortons Point this Sunday. Anyone who can make it is welcome.

Xjae- You are correct about the new moon. However, the difference on the north shore is minimal. It makes a huge difference if you dive some of the inlets on the South Shore.

The wind is what we need to watch, especially this time of year. Anything coming out of the north or northeast is bad if it's over 10mph.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Scott

I may come out tomorrow. Have to play it by ear. Been a long rough week. May just sit around and relax, but another shore sounds nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom