NYC diver seeks dutch springs buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One tank.

When the tides start rolling, your second tank would be a drift dive to Connecticut :D

And because I am so excited about taking the day out of work and diving, I forgot to ask where we are actually diving, depth, conditions etc. is there any info on the web that has detail about the location. PM me if you don;t want the world knowing about the spot.

Thanks again,

Ben

Ben- Interestingly enough, the site is called Secret Beach. It's not a secret though :wink: As a matter of fact, in the summer it should be called "Crowded Beach". It should be empty tomorrow though.

There's a good book on L.I. shore diving that has some info, but for tomorrow, I'll give you a brief outline.

As long as you dive the tides right, it's an easy, relatively shallow shore dive. There's lots of underwater boulders and fish to see. We'll cruise out a hundred yards or so, cruise back about 2/3rds of the way, and stop to feed the fish for a while. We shouldn't get any deeper than 25' or so.

It'll be a nice, relaxing day off kind of dive.

Scott

Hey All- Docmartin is coming, and is up for breakfast. So far, we have five divers:

Me
Jen
Grunszter
Ben
Martin

So far everyone except Grunzster is meeting for breakfast also.

Should be fun! G- let me know about breakfast. I'll get a table for either four or five, so just come in when you get there. Jen and I can have some coffee until everyone shows up.

Cool!

And I'll try to make the Ihop too.

Time to go pack gear now, oh yeah and some extra lead! Fist time diving salt water with my full suit.

Sorry I couldn't make it.

I did have Friday the 24th approved as a vacation day.
I'm planning on Dutch; my brother is coming from philly.
If the weather holds we might camp out friday night and dive Saturday morning too.

I started the ball rolling for a new 'Wreck Valley' NDI club.

It would have been nicer if it was as sunny and warm as Thursday. Also if people in NJ/NY weren't such horrible drivers! Martin knows what I'm talking about (ran into an accident both ways!)

Other than that it was a cool dive. I finally christened my gear in the ocean, did my first shore dive, and as Scott said, much more life than Dutch.

I'll post pics as soon as I get them back. I really have to get the housing for that digital.

It was a little creepy when one of the group started inquiring about the size of people's sausages though!

Scott and Jen thanks again, and next time I'll make sure I park closer, before I start looking for you!

Sounds like you guys had fun.
The office was a real drag.

Sounds like a good board poll 'the size of people's sausages'
:D

grunzster once bubbled...

It was a little creepy when one of the group started inquiring about the size of people's sausages though!

LOL- That was too funny. Don't worry, I think DM meant your "safety" sausage :D

I thought it was a good day, and a good dive. Hopefully , we can do it again soon.

Xjae- You coming on the next one???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom