NYC diver seeks dutch springs buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XJAE- Cave country??? Are you heading south soon too, or just planning on visiting us after we move :wink:

ScottyK once bubbled...
XJAE- Cave country??? Are you heading south soon too, or just planning on visiting us after we move :wink:
You are moving to Gainsville, right?
Just a stones throw from High Springs.

I'm not moving down there but,
I'll be at Ginnie Springs taking Intro to Cave next spring or summer.

a weekday sounds like a great idea,
less crowded the better.

for DS they're only open thursdays and fridays during october
and weekends only for november.

Actually- High Springs is where I'm house shopping!

We'll have to keep each other posted about times. Maybe we can take the clas together.

We'll take off any nice Friday in October to meet at DS, and any weekday that looks good for a shore dive out here.

I've got all winter to sit at work :upset:

I plan to be diving Dutch Springs this coming Sunday - Sep 27th.
Will be diving my new long hose setup. Also, will searching for those two cars on the far south side near the Dynamite shack along the old road bed (not on the guide map).

-V

For those who couldn't make it, we had a great time diving on Saturday! Docmartin drove out and we did a noontime dive on the north shore.

The water was calm and blue, even though the weather was a bit unsettled. We had about 10' vis, and the site was loaded with Blackfish, Porgies, and tons of smaller fish and crustaceans. After a cruise through the boulders we settled in and did some fish feeding. Between the three of us, we must have had 100 fish around. Jen was even hand feeding a Spider Crab that kept darting out of a crack trying to steal from the fish :)

The only downer was that we got in the water a little late. This shortened the dive from 45-50 mins to about 30 mins. I'll adjust the meet times on the next dive so we get the full dive in.

Hope everyone can make the next one........

Scott

i'll promise to be quicker gearing up, too. scott is a great guide and he picked a beautiful spot. the water looked almost like in the caribbean. crystal clear from where we parked - although once you got in the viz was slightly less than 100ft :)

docmartin once bubbled...
i'll promise to be quicker gearing up, too.

DM- It was somewhat my fault also :wink: I didn't leave enough time to compensate for the fact that I needed to drive a little slower due to being followed. I didn't think about needing to give a pre dive brief on the site either. I'm so used to it just being Jen and I. We usually park, pop into our gear, and are in the water in less than ten minutes.

I'm glad you had fun though. We enjoyed diving, and having lunch with you. I'll post the tides for this coming weekend if the forecast still looks good in a couple of days. We're thinking about Dutch Springs the weekend after next too.

Scott

I am thinking of Dutch Srings this weekend. Not sure which date, ether Sat or Sunday.... The weekend after I'll be at the DEMA and may dive Spiegel Grove on Friday, Oct 10 as soon as I get off the airplane.

Back
Top Bottom