NYC diver seeks dutch springs buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So much for having a bad weather day yesterday!! I was hoping to train/practice on some stuff at DS this weekend but... Anyway, I want to definately dive LI not this coming w/e (I'm diving in Brockville) but maybe the next? I would also like to thank ScottK for his willingness to share these sites with us - hope to meet you soon enough!

As for DS diving, intend to use the hell out of my season pass, so my buddy and I are always there so feel free to contact if you want to hook up there

Riverrat- What's in Mt. Storm WV? Are you talking about a dive site?

Izzy- You're welcome :)

It's probably good that no one came out yesterday. We did a light, five mile hike just to get outside and the weather was all over the place :rolleyes: It was baking hot one minute, a steam bath the next, then it would be raining buckets. The water would have definitely been churned up.

I think that the new hurricane is going to screw this weekend up also. We went diving two weeks ago when Fabian was rocking up the surf. Ask me to tell you the story when we all get together. It wasn't the best decision I ever made :D

Keep an eye on the weather. We'll make this happen sooner or later.

Scott

ScottyK once bubbled...
Riverrat- What's in Mt. Storm WV? Are you talking about a dive site?
Scott

Yes, a quarry that's next to a power plant. The plant uses the quarry to cool it's generators. They pump 100 degree water back in, stays 90 degrees in summer and 65 degrees in dead of winter. Thought it might be worth a drive out there for a day. There's platform/s and crap setup for local DS training etc.

http://www.wvdivers.com/Mt_Storm_Lake.htm

http://www.deepwater.org/asa/scuba/mt-storm.html

http://www.splashws.com/storm_10_2000.htm

RR

Yup, this weekend looks like it's shot too. I've heard there's some Monster surf off NJ now, so it's probably pretty bad out there too.

Made the train wreck dive at the gap on Sunday. Pretty cool, but not a lot too see. There's another car near by too, but we didn't see it.

We really didn't get much of a dive in though, with the GREAT weather! Was nice all day then started pouring as soon as I pulled in front of my buddy's house. Then we passed the site... by about 15 miles! Directions stunk. Finally get to the site, take a walk down the tracks to find the entry point. As soon as we get back to the truck...rain, thunder, lightning!

There's a small lot on the other side of the highway, but we just pulled off to the side by the tracks, and geared up right on the side of the road. It was pretty funny seeing the look on everyone's face as they drove by.

Anyway we may hit Dutch on Sunday, if the weather isn't too bad.

Unless you're really dying to get wet, the tide times will be better for you next weekend anyway. Saturday high tides on the north shore will be 6:30AM and PM, and Sunday will be 7:15 AM and PM.

That mean's you'll need to get up "really" early, or do a night dive and deal with the evening traffic going towards the city.

The tides will be good for early afternoon next week. Hopefully the weather finally cooperates :rolleyes:

Scott

Well, pthhhh to that. :eek:ut:

Keep me on your schedule, Scott! I am actually feeling pretty chipper, too. Someday, some way, I'm going to get in that water. :D

Jen's back in school along with working full time, so even suggesting an early dive will get me slapped down :D

If the breeze settles down in time, we'll probably do Saturday and Sunday evenenings. Sunday should be a definite either way.

Any preference on your end?

I few hours of rain and that was it! I was at Dutch yesterday and the vis was the best I've seen all summer!

Anyway I'm still up for the shore dive this weekend if anyone else is in. Have a bachelor party Friday, so Saturday I won't be able to... uh... dive...do anything, but I'd be up for Sunday.

If not, if anyone's going to Dutch or maybe going to check Round Valley?

The shore dive is still on as far as I'm concerned (weather permitting). The tides will be back around to that perfect, early afternoon dive time.

So who else is in????

Back
Top Bottom