NYC diver seeks dutch springs buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah Dutch usually stinks a day or two after bad weather, but not on that day itself.

I def want to come out. Getting a little bored with Dutch, want to finally try some new places.

My buddy is really into coming out too, but can't do it this weekend, too far for him.

Anyway if the weather does stink, we may try to shoot for Dutch on Sunday, but I'm trying to get them to go check out the trainwreck at the water gap instead.

And I'll probably have gear in the car Saturday, so if anyone is heading to Dutch then I may be into meeting you.

11788- is pretty close. We'll be going out near the end of LI on the North Fork. Look at a satellite image. As long as no giant green blobs are heading that way, and as long as the wind isn't ripping we can give it a shot.

Suemermaid might come too, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

What time is high tide Sunday? Am I correct to assume we need to get in the water at slack high tide?
I do, indeed, hope to make it out. I need to breathe compressed air or I fear I'll go batty! :smbat:

We'd want to hit the water around 1:30 (yes, slack tide is a must). I'm not sure how well you know LI, but I'd be looking to meet up with everyone around 11:30 at exit 64 of the Long Island Expressway. Where in Jersey are you? Would you be doing the I-80 Throgs Neck route or crossing the Verrazano from the south?

I dove Dutch Springs in the rain before... it;s not so bad... just dark. so bring you light if you go. It sucks to suit up when it;s raining, espeically since I am diving dry. but, I plan to be there anyway. Sunday.

Yeah that's pretty much Dutch in the rain, diving is ok, but top side stinks, but that's why we got a canopy. Our plan is if the weather stinks everywhere, we'll probably do Dutch.

If the weather isn't bad in NJ/PA we'll check out that train wreck at the water gap.

If the weather on the island isn't bad then I shore dive. I'd probably coming in on my own though, unless anyone from PA/NJ wants to ride in together. I May be picking up IzzyTahil in the city on my way out, if he can make it. I can fit 2 more with all the gear.

Figures I finally have plans to dive somewhere besides Dutch, and we get hit with this weather! And it's been 2 weeks. At this rate I may have to sneak my gear into the pool at the gym!

Damn doesn't look good. Weather.com says showers all day and I do see a pretty decent sized blob at the end of the island.

I'll probably be up early enough anyway, with gear ready to go, so just post here or PM and let us know what the conditions are tomorrow morning.

We'll probably wind up holding off until next weekend. It's not worth it for you to drive all the way out here for nothing. We're sure to get some more decent weather before the season ends

Hopefully soon :rolleyes:

Scott

Hey all you NY / NJ divers. I'm here in CT and will be doing AOW in Dutch Springs Sept. 26 - 28 (unless it gets cancelled then I'll go myself maybe). After that maybe try to sneak in a few local dives before the mercury starts to fall. Anyone maybe interested in Mt. Storm in WV sometime in the near future? It's about a 7 hour drive from CT (about 423 miles) I've been traveling quite a bit for work over the last 2 years so driving a bit is no biggie for me.

RiverRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom