nusa lembongan: help me to choose between Blue Corner or World Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marijev

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hiya all: gonna dive for a week in september and just cannot choose between Blue Corner and World Diving. Both seem really nice.

Main points;
- I want small groups and prefer to be out there diving when day boats from Bali are not swarming the dive site. Both promise that...
- safety must be number one
- an accessible house reef for a bit of snorkeling in the afternoon.
- as many dives as possible. bcs of currents, two dives a day are offered... but is it possible to do a night dive or a guided house reef dive as an extra?
- I am a single traveller so I want to have a social environment for a beer and a meal at night - on the other hand I don't want too much action and noise or party scene
- accommodation at the dive shop

Hope to hear from all of you experienced @lembongan.
Marije

I can't speak for blue corner, but I have used world diving. I am not sure how they promise you small groups and dives away from dive boats. First, if you are on the big boat and the tide is low they can't leave as soon as most of the smaller boats so they can be late to the dive sites. We didn't even leave until 10:30 one day. I think they might have a smaller boat but it wasn't available when we were there so if you choose them make sure you are reserved for the smaller boat. Secondly, most of the ops go to the popular sites like the Manta dive site and Crystal Bay. These sites are so crowded...There were at least 20-25 other boats at both sites each time I visited Lembongan.
They are restricted by the tides so 2 dives are the norm. The World Diving accommodations consist of nice quiet garden bungalows and cheap backpacker type ocean front rooms.

Hi Cali,
Thank for the info. The tides, nobody can help that, but the late departure of the big boat as you described is kind of disappointing. Hope to get some more information before I book.
marije

We are about to dive with world diving for the third time. They are extremely good , excellent local dive masters and instructors who have been supported by the company from boat crew level. They want to be out early if they can and I am fairly sure that they have two boats. We also liked Two Fish , but the accommodation in Pondok Baruna is a bit nicer.

You will love Lembongan whatever you decide to do.

I would also check out Big Fish Diving. Nice small and well run dive centre. Blue Corner's bar is where the island has it's weekly party on a Friday evening, so might not be the quietest, but it is just one night per week...

thank you so much! I did not hear back from Blue Corner and Two Fish was so fully booked that they could only have me diving for four days during my stay, so I just got in a hurry.... bcs I was worried the whole place would be booked fully. :) so I made my reservation at World Diving, hope they still have place.... Since WD have 2 dives a day only I will try Two Fish and Big Fish for a walk in to check if they have more dives in the afternoon or night dives available. I like to maximize the dives - last time in Malapascua I had such a great time doing 4 to 5 dives a day. Should write up a review for that by the way. Sooo looking forward to Bali, will make my 100th dive there! tippytoes12 wish you have a great time, and maybe we run into eachother?

I can never recall seeing more than two diver a day being offered or being done by any dive shop in NL...May be something to do with currents, but I'm not sure.

I will definately check Big Fish out for their afternoon dives/nights. World Diving said we'd look into additional dive possibilities as well. Will sure get my fix :) and will let you know how it was.

Occasionally, very occasionally,Two Fish will run a third dive. But rarely. They dive by the tides and so departure time vary, often not leaving any time for a third dive during the day. But check anyway.

Back
Top Bottom