Diving Blue Corner, Nusa Lembongan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I travel quite a bit, but you travel A LOT. I want your life! :wink:
Keep the posts coming. It's fun to watch your adventures!

Reactions: Dan
I travel quite a bit, but you travel A LOT. I want your life! :wink:
Keep the posts coming. It's fun to watch your adventures!

This trip was not in my original plan, which is Malpelo in July & Sea of Cortez in September. My relative invited me to go to Bali & Komodo on his yacht in August a few months ago. So we fit in this trip as much time as possible between the Malpelo and Sea of Cortez trips. I flew home on 30th of August, unpacked and repacked my gears on 31st of August, and flew out to Cabo on 1st of September for the Sea of Cortez trip.

I like this Bali & Komodo trip a lot. We did very simillar trip last year in July to early August, but we striked out in seeing Mola Mola. They didn’t show up in Bali until September last year. However, we hit the jackpot this year in August.

I already made plan to go back in August next year. This time I’ll be going with 10 of my dive buddies on Mermaid 1 Bali-Komodo-Bali from 12th to 21st of August 2024. Afterwards we’ll stay in Lembongan from 22nd to 25th of August to dive in Lembongan & Nusa Penida with Lembongan Dive Center.

Lembongan Dive Center has safe way (for their guests, not for the DM) to dive in Blue Corner. They let you drift on the shallow (~20m) to see like Marbled Ray or Bamboo Sharks, etc., while they’re looking out for Mola Mola at 30m in the blue. Once they see Mola Mola, they’ll bang their tanks to call you for a closer look at the Mola Mola if you wish.

Thanks for the video Dan.
What was the water temperature like when you were at Nusa Lembongan.
TIA

This time I’ll be going with 10 of my dive buddies on Mermaid 1 Bali-Komodo-Bali from 12th to 21st of August 2024.
.... so we will meet next year on board !

Reactions: Dan
Thanks for the video Dan.
What was the water temperature like when you were at Nusa Lembongan.
TIA

The temperature profile is shown in the blue curve with 18C at 41m, below.

IMG_2125.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom