Diving Manta Bay, Nusa Penida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like a good tradeoff to me, Dan :). Nice closeups of the Mola Mola - how deep were they as it looked like you had to initially drop a good bit to get down to them? They are odd looking creatures, for sure - but still beautiful!

Reactions: Dan
Looks like a good tradeoff to me, Dan :). Nice closeups of the Mola Mola - how deep were they as it looked like you had to initially drop a good bit to get down to them? They are odd looking creatures, for sure - but still beautiful!

I was down to 41m (134’) and shivering in my 5mm at 17C (62F).

One of my buddies, Beryl, took this picture of me filming the Mola Mola.

IMG_2911.jpeg
IMG_2029.jpeg
IMG_2028.jpeg

Wow...

FWIW on a scientifical perspective these are not Mola mola but rather Mola alexandrini (like most of mola seen in Nusa Penida) which differ from the bumps on the head and belly.

Apparently the Mola are found everywhere and abundantly this year in NP even at shallower depth.
One of my facebook friends, Yansu ace guide and co-owner from Let's Dive Tulamben dives almost everyday now with his customers at one of his "secret spot" in NP , out of the usual sites with no other divers around.

This is the kind of sights he posts almost everyday on his wall, this one was 3 days ago (screenshot of a video : copyright Yansu Suartana ) sorry for posting an image from a media which is not mine but I cannot link to his facebook.

Yansu suartana.jpg

BTW, I also saw 2 Mola Mola in Cental (Northern Nusa Penida) which was also unusual according to Bli Kadek Suka, my DM.

I’ll post the video when I’m in a better WiFi. This airplane WiFi sucks.

We also saw Australian wobbegong Shark in Secret Bay. I’ll post the video later or you can just simply go to my YouTube channel: Dan Tirto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom