Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow you had a nice dive....didn't look too crowded, you got up to the pinnacle nice and close! Both times I've been there I've been in about 50ft of water. Mostly watching from below with occasional manta passing by.

Reactions: Dan
Wow you had a nice dive....didn't look too crowded, you got up to the pinnacle nice and close! Both times I've been there I've been in about 50ft of water. Mostly watching from below with occasional manta passing by.

Ya, I didn’t realize I was too close to the pinnacle (too exited and focused on filming the mantas) until one of my fins got pulled down by my guide.

lucky man!! dived manta point the 23 of august... water temp was 23°... waves.... and almost zero manta... 2 faraway in the foggy water :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
1000 divers/snorkelers..:mad: 100 boats....:eek: was my third time there since 2008... never had a good dive there.... never again... never!!! :p:p:banghead:

1000 divers/snorkelers..:mad: 100 boats....:eek: was my third time there since 2008... never had a good dive there.... never again... never!!! :p:p:banghead:
Was also my experience for the most recent dives last year although I had many sightings of mantas in the 5-6 times I dived this site but... man, so many divers trying to be on the front seat without any respects for the others. The only solution is to skip the shallow pinnacle and go outside for the deeper cleaning stations.

I generally despise manta cleaning sites, except when you're with a buddy on your own on a more remote site, watching 70 minutes of continuous manta action, like we were with Paolo a few weeks ago in Raja Ampat.

Was also my experience for the most recent dives last year although I had many sightings of mantas in the 5-6 times I dived this site but... man, so many divers trying to be on the front seat without any respects for the others. The only solution is to skip the shallow pinnacle and go outside for the deeper cleaning stations.

I generally despise manta cleaning sites, except when you're with a buddy on your own on a more remote site, watching 70 minutes of continuous manta action, like we were with Paolo a few weeks ago in Raja Ampat.

Eheh my friend.. we skipped immediately the shallow part and stay almost 35-40min at -20m… 😭😅😜 unlucky as usual.. 🥶🤣

Back
Top Bottom