November 2012 Cozumel???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Afternoon boat goes out @ 1:00. I have been hoping for a big enough group to go later in the day on their big boat for one tank. So if the group is small, maybe we just get together on a 1:00 regular two tank trip. Or maybe we can see if BA will do a single tank late in the day. Somewhere close so it's economical for them.

I am nearing my onetime month countdown date. :banana::banana: So at least I got that going for me, which is nice.
Ah. 1:00 counts me out. I'm just getting out of water from second morning dive. Long dives with long surface interval... Later boat has possibilities, still...

Can't wait be at the Sabor in two weeks! Thinking of doing a north end dive hoping to see some rays anyone interested to head there with us? Oct. 31st to Nov. 7th.

Can't wait be at the Sabor in two weeks! Thinking of doing a north end dive hoping to see some rays anyone interested to head there with us? Oct. 31st to Nov. 7th.

You're a little early for Eagle Ray season! You may see a scattered few on the reefs, but it's still a little too early for the squadrons. Also, not sure who you are diving with, but be prepared to go to Caleta or downtown to catch your boat if you want to go north. DOn't know of anyone that will go all the way to Sabor then turn around and go north then take you back! Have a great trip thoguh - you will regardless of which sites you dive!

i have never been to the north end, how do you plan on getting there ??
are you diving with dive palancar ???
i most always see rays at the Santa Rosa Wall,,it is very close to the Sabor...
i would like to make a night dive, heard they are great, never did one, would like to go to the South end to Maracaibo, never been there, Dive Palancar will do a special 8:30 AM dive there if enough people want to go.....

i would like to make a night dive, heard they are great, never did one, would like to go to the South end to Maracaibo, never been there, Dive Palancar will do a special 8:30 AM dive there if enough people want to go.....

Just a word of caution - if doing the northern or more remote southern dives (Like Barracuda and Maracaibo) - you really should go with a crew (Captain AND DM) that is very familiar with these reefs both above and below. If you're diving with an operation that does not do these dives regularly, I would advise you to stick to the regular sites.

If a boat is going to a northern site, it is my experience that you meet your boat at caleta OR get picked up in town along the way. Some ops located between caleta and town (i.e. Blue Angel, ScubaClub, Papa Hogs etc.) may take you directly from their piers but once you are south of caleta, not so much. The gas costs make it unprofitable without a significant premium. Also I would note that seeing a single ray at Santa Rosa is different from seeing a squadron of them up north.

Hello all. I am a new diver and also new to scubaboard. I am currently planning a solo trip to Cozumel 3-10 Nov since I'm buddyless and can't wait to start diving. I'll be staying/diving with Blue Angel (read a lot of great reviews on this board about them). Let me know if anyone wants to meet up and/or dive!!

Every time we have done Baracuda we always drop down as a group and surface as a group.
I love that site and have been lucky to dive it once with no current, but BT is reduced quite a bit as it is a deep dive.

---------- Post Merged at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Hello all. I am a new diver and also new to scubaboard. I am currently planning a solo trip to Cozumel 3-10 Nov since I'm buddyless and can't wait to start diving. I'll be staying/diving with Blue Angel (read a lot of great reviews on this board about them). Let me know if anyone wants to meet up and/or dive!!

I'll see you there Saturday Nov 3. Either be in the restaurant for happy hour or out for an afternoon shore dive.

Christi are the squadron of eagle rays up north in November? We're at SCC and I can ask if they'd be willing to schedule a dive...but if not, we'd be willing to do an afternoon dive with another op

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom