November 12, 2005 - 2nd PPD DOR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

how about we start far and work back? We can begin at sombrero, do another location close around Caban Island (ex Bahura, maybe not kirby's cause of what Manong Caloy said, might be too small. I've never done Layag Layag or Bethlehem, how are they for sites? How's Beatrice? Is it advance?), then for a 3rd, we can go closer to AquaV after the SI (Arthurs, Eagles, Devil, etc.). I've never been to Arthurs.

In between the 2nd & 3rd dive we can either go back to the resort (for those not going on the 3rd dive), or have the BBQ 1st and then those who aren't doing the 3rd would go back to the resort. It'd be good to stick together and not have to separate.

Just my 2 cents. Pero I'm with Iris, bahala na. It'll be fun for me no matter where I go!

chip104:
how about we start far and work back? We can begin at sombrero, do another location close around Caban Island (ex Bahura, maybe not kirby's cause of what Manong Caloy said, might be too small. I've never done Layag Layag or Bethlehem, how are they for sites? How's Beatrice? Is it advance?), then for a 3rd, we can go closer to AquaV after the SI (Arthurs, Eagles, Devil, etc.). I've never been to Arthurs.

In between the 2nd & 3rd dive we can either go back to the resort (for those not going on the 3rd dive), or have the BBQ 1st and then those who aren't doing the 3rd would go back to the resort. It'd be good to stick together and not have to separate.

Just my 2 cents. Pero I'm with Iris, bahala na. It'll be fun for me no matter where I go!

Beatrice is ok but currents can be ripping in that area in most times. Bethlehem is closed for diving. If you haven't been to Devil's Point, I highly recommend this site, very nice and my personal favorite. For a dive that is for everyone that can be nice and relaxed, we can do Devil's Point then Arthur's rock then back to the resort for lunch. Afternoon we can go to Koala.

tide exchage during nov 12 wouldn't be too much. water would exchage with less than a meter in height over 6 hours. so slight current on that day.

let the dive plans roll out.

basta sombrero is tops. defintely ok for aow and the best viz in anilao imho. as for the layag-layags i myself am confused and have probably dove all but confuse em for one huge site:)

How come bethlehem closed? Reef recovery? how long has it been closed?

( Sombrero is also top on my list. In my trusty dive logbook I have that we never went past 80ft and the current was manageable)

chip104:
( Sombrero is also top on my list. In my trusty dive logbook I have that we never went past 80ft and the current was manageable)

from my recollection the current always drifts us along the reef wall on the left essentially making this a very very slow drift. but you gotta admit the viz is tops:)

@ spoon: The viz was great. But not good enough for me to see the shark 40m away. BOO.

@ Caloy: Where's Red Palm?

Here's a map of anilao, in case anyone is wondering where we should go. It even points out AquaV for us! :)

Back
Top Bottom