Nov 3 or 4 or Oct 27 or 28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went out yesterday with the Aquarium on a wreck hunting mission. Seas were about 2 to 3 feet within 3 miles of shore, not sure what the winds were but they were out of the South West. water was 82 degrees. Vis was 5 feet at best. Jelly fish were out in-mass, 7 out of 7 divers were stung bad enough to thumb the dives, one bad enough that he was pukin' up breakfast. It was not a good day.

82 degrees is great, and I really don't worry to much about the seas as I have an iron stomach, but I really hope the vis is significantly better on the Pride on Saturday. I'm also praying the Jellyfish thing was a local thing.

Saturday
East Winds 15 To 20 Knots. Seas 3 To 5 Feet. Chance
Of Showers And Thunderstorms.

Hell you guys are tuff. 3 to 5's are childs play for people as rugged and bad ***** as you guys. I'm sure it will be fine.

No!!!!!Hurry pray to the scubba GOD, we need good weather:D My gills are to dry,need water :demented:.

Manda, I'd be happy to let you use my pool if the seas are going to be 5 footers. Fives can certainly make a 35 mile trip miserable.

Dave it looks bad tomorrow, I'm sure Ty will agree we need to call it.

Newest forecast:
FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 15 KNOTS.
SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

MONDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET.
CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

Say it ain't so...say it ain't so :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

-J.-

Are you suggesting a date change?

We certainly need to consider a date change due to the forecast. I don't want to be 35 miles off shore in 3-5 ft seas with a 50% chance of thunderstorms, it could get scary in a hurry.
I agree with Missd, let's dive another day. :palmtree: Bob

We certainly need to consider a date change due to the forecast. I don't want to be 35 miles off shore in 3-5 ft seas with a 50% chance of thunderstorms, it could get scary in a hurry.
I agree with Missd, let's dive another day. :palmtree: Bob

If my training and experience has taught me anything, It's taught me that with the forecasted weather looking like it does, we should cancel. However, being the "wet blanket" who cancelled on the last trip and still hasn't lived it down :shakehead:, I'll let someone else come pull the plug on this one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom