Nov 3 or 4 or Oct 27 or 28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SATURDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET.
CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND A SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS

Ok- we're officially cancelled now. Let me know if you want to try another date.

Thanks,
Ty

I figured as much. :sad: Just had a look at the forecast - says they will work up to five's in the evening.

Narcosis, forget training. You have enough hands on experience to know NOAA can be sooooooooooooooo off the mark. Best as time nears to get a better idea. Still then sometimes we still have to have a look at the water and combine that with the forecast/our experience and that is not in the PADI menu :) :wink:

BTW, now what are we doing for our birthday's? :hb2:

Narcosis, forget training. You have enough hands on experience to know NOAA can be sooooooooooooooo off the mark. Best as time nears to get a better idea. Still then sometimes we still have to have a look at the water and combine that with the forecast/our experience and that is not in the PADI menu :) :wink:

It would be nice if PADI offered a certification in meteorology though......:D:D:D

I figured as much. :sad: Just had a look at the forecast - says they will work up to five's in the evening.

BTW, now what are we doing for our birthday's? :hb2:

It would be nice if PADI offered a certification in meteorology though......:D:D:D

I curse both of you for bashing my beloved PADI:Wizard:, May a love crazed gorilla look upon both of you as sex symbols:shocked:

I curse both of you for bashing my beloved PADI:Wizard:, May a love crazed gorilla look upon both of you as sex symbols:shocked:

Great, now Dave's sitting in a dark room muttering strange words and throwing bones.

PADI hasn't thought of it yet ... :) :palmtree: Bob

...You have enough hands on experience to know NOAA can be sooooooooooooooo off the mark...

My NOAA fudge factor for wave heights...

Today's forcast - fairly accurate (2-4' = 2-4')
One day out - add numbers together (2-4 = 6')
Two days out - multiply numbers together (2-4' = 8')

Oh, and I lost a lot of respect for PADI when I saw bouyancy being taught as a "specialty course"!

:D

No, not at all. We just don't want you to sound like a walking book. Just remember they haven't taught you every thing :no You have a lot of experience of your own. :)

Meteorology, hrmmmmm now that sounds like a course. EAN will you be teaching it? Frog said he'd be happy to assist :14:

So I think I will start a thread on this December first trip. Reason being, it is near the holiday so last minute dives won't work so well for many.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom