Nov 16th, 1am "The Elusive Whiskey Wreck" report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We weren't going by distance off shore, we were going by depth- anywhere between 11 and 15 feet. The 121 min bottom time did not include the surfaces and surface swims to line ourselves back up with bahama bob's. Trust me we were all over the place. There were a few times I thought we were close, but I never heard any crackling or anything so who knows. I still enjoyed it. Any time in the water spent breathing compressed gas is quality time to me. However I will keep the close proximity of the wreck in mind next time we try.

Uneventful shenanigans! lol Any time mos is involved there will be shenanigans.
The suicidal red was .. amazing. We at the whole darn thing in one sitting.

If you're both comfortable with "solo" diving, why not stretch a line between you and swim the bottom out the 150 ft or so?

We weren't going by distance off shore, we were going by depth- anywhere between 11 and 15 feet. The 121 min bottom time did not include the surfaces and surface swims to line ourselves back up with bahama bob's. Trust me we were all over the place. There were a few times I thought we were close, but I never heard any crackling or anything so who knows. I still enjoyed it. Any time in the water spent breathing compressed gas is quality time to me. However I will keep the close proximity of the wreck in mind next time we try.

Uneventful shenanigans! lol Any time mos is involved there will be shenanigans.
The suicidal red was .. amazing. We at the whole darn thing in one sitting.

lol we could've done that. we may have to next time!!

The truth is... I hid the wreck.

Ask cmufieldhockey, she's seen me get quite concerned with the well being of the flounder population surrounding the Whiskey.

I decided I'd had enough, so I picked up the wreck, and the flounder, and I moved it elsewhere.

Fer reelz.

Could you put it in Navarre?

Bah! You have too much good stuff to dive in your neighborhood already. I have to go 20 miles offshore, or dive in a combat zone (Perdido Pass) to have 5ft of viz over here in Alabamer.

Bah! You have too much good stuff to dive in your neighborhood already. I have to go 20 miles offshore, or dive in a combat zone (Perdido Pass) to have 5ft of viz over here in Alabamer.

LOL. :rofl3::rofl3: Guess It's time to move then.:wink:

Think about it....... The conversation is real simple.

Honey, We need to move to Florida........ Cause the diving here Sucks!

I'm sure she'll be very supportive!

Oh Lisa grew up in P'Cola, and I would not have to twist her arm a bit, but my current employers would hunt me down and chain me to my desk if I tried to leave. So, I'm stuck here until I can do 100% of my paper pushing over the 'net. Hmmm. Maybe I can convince them to open an Orange Beach office :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom