*NOT So* Cuteness...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
We tried to release the duck today. First we went to Duck Island where the 20 pound ducks ran out to my car wagging their tails. Affleck did not seem to like them at all, even though they seemed very friendly. Those ducks have red bumps all over their beaks, anyway they were not his breed, and we then decided to take him to Ko-ko marina and find his mother. So, we found his mother and hoped they would recognize each other. Affleck screamed like a banchi when approached by the other Mallards, and stood up on his webbed feet and ran across the water flapping his wings. We were embarrassed for him, really. We decided to just leave him, but he carried on and actually chased us down the dock. We took him over to a large group of mallards in the kayak, thinking maybe he just had issues with his mother. He does not seem to like ducks. He likes dogs, rabbits and people. I am not sure what to do now, because frankly I am finding him a bit high maintenance and I leave for Cali next week.

I called the Hilton, and the guy there sorta lectured me that this duck is a protected species, under the migratory species act. So...I asked what that had to do with me, and he said we should not have messed with him "in the wild". I said, so let me get this straight...he is protected but nobody in Hawaii will take him? (they have a wildlife rehab but apparently it is only for domestic ducks).

And, he is so loud my neighbors are complaining.

collage-15.jpg

Marley and I want our life back!

DSC_0120.jpg

Hmmm?

Fish! ...you are brilliant! We could drop him off in CHINATOWN!

...if all else fails before my flight, of course...

speaking of fat, I told the kids today that I think the bunny is kinda pushin the standards around here

DSC_0108-3.jpg

Ha, ha, that bunny looks like my cat. She also has a "thyroid" problem, or so we tell her.

Your duck does not know he's a duck. He thinks you are his mommy and he has furry siblings.

I can't believe how much he's grown.

thats one big bunny

:rofl3: duck problems... maybe you can parcel him up and send him to JB :wink: will make a change from the goat & lamb he's been eating lately

I look at the upper right photo and think that is One Happy Looking Duck.

Good luck.

Ahhhh...he looks so happy Cat! I had a duck growing up and she thought she was a dog. When we would pull up in the drive, she would come running with the dogs, she ate and slept with them too. She was an awesome pet, I was devastated when she died and so was our dog. Give the little guy a chance.

Edit...Granted, I lived on a farm...

Ducks..sooooo cute when little...
Such a pain in the rear when grown up..
I feel your pain Cat, now what do you do and still keep your image as a goddess in your kid's eyes..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom