Not a poll ..more of a count .or maybe an..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaAngel...I was getting a complex being the oldest old thing here. You beat me! :eek:ut:

Ain't it great!?!?! We should have done this years ago!

Seala...I'm also a seamtress! Been sewing most of my life. In the late 80's I turned my love of quilts into a business and opened a quilt shop. that was an experience!

Now I make Dee-Rags for my dive friends.

Dee

It's a small world. I thought sewing was a skill no one used anymore, it's amazing how many people cannot sew on a button. I'm now working a some new ways to chip my gear up. It's a crime to pay what they charge at my LDS I can make a two ended metal clip with quality web for about $2.00. A spring snap and clip combo to hold my octo. for about $1.00. Tried it out on Saturday and it released with out any problems the snap end holds the octo hose.

Hi, I am Diana and I have been OW certified since May 2002 and have 30 dives in. I got my lessons for Valentine's Day from my finance (now my husband of 3 months). He has been diving for about 10 years. Fortunate to have a diving honeymoon in Cozumel.
So far, Cozumel and local diving at quarries but I am venturing out to the Atlantic this weekend.
I am an aquatic toxicologist. No kids yet but we have 3 cat children and a 4 foot iguana child.
Diana

My screen name sums up my diving! I am a 48 year old female that loves to dive the wrecks up here in the Great Lakes and also loves to dive the caves in Florida and Mexico. I was certified in 92 and full cave cert. for last 5 years. I have done very little warm salt water diving but hope to do more. Single with one grown son, (he used to dive until he developed major ear problems)

I am a telecommunications consultant by trade but my goal is to be retired so I can dive more! I have a yellow lab and a cat who moved in several years ago. My last dive buddy now has a new girlfriend who does not dive, so am looking for new dive buddy. Glad to see there are several of you that are my age, (I hate to be the Old Lady of the group!)lol

This year has been a bad year:( as I blew my knee out in March. Just got back in the water last month. Still having to take it very slow. Hope to be back in the caves at the end of November if all goes well.

Thanks for starting this thread......

I love football season, so hard to find other women who actually like to watch a football game! Go Patriots! As far as my golf game, well my elbow is acting up and making it very difficult to do anything. My boyfriend after ski season asked me "what WILL we do now? He said, he would be out playing golf and I said I wanted to learn how. He said I didn't have the coordination necessary and no way could I do it. Well, I took that as a challenge and went out and beat him my first time out on a course! Take that!!!:mean:

Hello everyone!
I guess I could go into alittle more depth on my bio. Like I said earlier, I am a 29 yo female now residing in the Tampa Bay area. I was born in NY and did all winter sports, moved to Indiana and starting playing summer sports and now Tampa. I am a Pharmaceutical Sales Rep for Bayer Pharmaceuticals.
Along with playing the usuall sports such as flag football, softball and yoga, I have had the opportunity to do more typical Florida activities such as gliding, sailing ( avidly) and now just got certified in diving. My boyfriend and I do the Clearwater/Key West Regatta every year (main reason we got certified) and have many warm salt water places to dive obviously. I can not wait to get back in the water. I am now looking around to buy my BC and regulator set. Anyone have any suggestions for a BC and wet suit for a large chested woman but size 7/8 in clothes?

Hi I'm 42 and single with 30+ dives. Originally certified in '93. I'm a medical engineer working on eyes and now in the OB/Gyn fields. I 've been too busy working and going to school to do much diving. I have 2 masters and 2 bachelors. That is all changing now.

I do volunteer medical work in third world countries on eyes and got the opportunity to go to Ecuador last year. The trip was not complete unless I dove the Galapagos. So while doing research for it I realized it was not for beginners so I got my AOW and got more accustomed to the cold So Cal diving. The diving was awesome and not for the timid! Got to swim with penguins and hammerheads. The rescue class is next.

I have to thank everyone on this site because you have helped me get my equipment and I can deal with So Cal beach dives now.

Yes, I love all sports: skiing, white water rafting, tennis, golf.

By the way, Beep was the name of my 10 year old cockatiel who went around saying "Hello, Beep Beep". Too bad he died while I was in Ecuador. Now I have a vicious lovebird.... no time to train the beast.

No, I'm not the old spinster with a tweety bird.

Beep Beep

I'm so sorry for the loss of your cockatiel!

Congratulations on diving the Galapagos. What an awesome adventure.

Good luck with taming your vicious lovebird.

Best wishes,

Luisa

shellbird once bubbled...
I love football season, so hard to find other women who actually like to watch a football game! Go Patriots! As far as my golf game, well my elbow is acting up and making it very difficult to do anything.

Shellbird,
It's great to see there are other women who love football! But it really is GO BROWNS!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom