Not a poll ..more of a count .or maybe an..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My name is Vivian (who would have thought?) and I am a 40 year old physician who was born, raised and still lives in New York City. I received my initial certification in 1997 and completed my Rescue cert. last year. I basically only did "warm water vacation diving" until I met my boyfriend a year and a half ago. He is a DM who does a lot of NE wreck diving and spearfishing. I never would have thought this would happen - but now I own a dry suit and do more local than tropical diving!

I'm a 36 yr old (recently single) woman.

I've just returned to diving (re-certified in July 02) after a 5 year absence. I'm enjoying diving much more this time around and have logged 15 dives not including OW. I think owning my wetsuit has made all the difference; I'm much more comfortable in the water now.

I'm always on the lookout for dive buddies. I take being a buddy very seriously and look for someone who does the same. I plan on taking AOW (NAUI) soon in order to increase my skills and find more people to dive with.

I live on the coast in northern California, have two cats and no children. I do have an adorable 14 mo. nephew with whom I spend a lot of my spare time. I'm a library assistant at a university and at home I'm a volunteer firefighter. Kinda funny to be called a firefighter when we seldom have fires in our area (knock wood). We have far more medical aids and cliff rescues.

Happy Diving,

Aquagal
(Luisa)

I am 36, originally from British Columbia Canada, have lived in London since 1989.
Certified in 2000, currently PADI Rescue Diver, completed 90 dives (mostly in warmer waters I'm afraid to say).
On land, I have worked as research consultant most of my working life and have done some new media/internet work in the last couple of years.
I decided several months ago that I was bored with life and work and that I would pack it in for a while. I'm taking a mid-life hiatus at the end of the year - over to Australia and the Pacific to do Divemaster certification (and maybe even up to instructor level) and travel and dive extensively.
You only live once. :dance:

Love reading everyone's condensed bios - here goes me:

39, full time VP software firm/part time investment properties, certified just over a yr ago with husband, always wanted to dive, love it (but not a natural), doing AOW in Caribbean later this month, work hard/play harder, plan trips for motivation (Saba, Bonaire and Grand Cayman within the next year).

Live in South Jersey, Avalon, near Atlantic City (hence - Jersey) haven't done any Jersey diving yet- not sure I have enough experience and not sure about 14 ml of wetsuit & 25 pounds of lead around me.

Spend my weekends at the Jersey shore - boating, waverunning, swimming, snorkeling, biking, eating and drinking wine. Can't stand to be far from the ocean- love the sound, smell, feel, even during Nor'easters.

No off-spring (I tell everyone my husband IS my child - he's spoiled and likes VERY expensive toys. :baby: Hope he never finds this.) One yellow Labrador who loves to boat & swims while I snorkel. Niece, newphew and extended family I spoil.

Wish I'd started diving in my 20's as so many here have. Curious, I hope you will seize the opportunity in Italy. You only pass this way once.

Jersey once bubbled...
Love reading everyone's condensed bios

Yes, this thread has been a lot of fun!

Jersey once bubbled...
Curious, I hope you will seize the opportunity in Italy. You only pass this way once.

Please don't misunderstand.....I'm going :D I'm just going to miss diving...right now I can go about 6 times a month, which has been pretty standard since I certified....except for my vacation of course...I'm one of the few folks that dives all the time when I work, but has a hard time diving while on vacation:eek:ut:

Peace,
Cathie

OK....

Well, I'm 40 (soon to be 41) and a plus size diver. I live in the SF Bay area, but so far only dive in warm water.

I have been certified for just over 2 years and have logged 150 dives. I'm working on my dive master certification, and I organize Big Adventures (www.bigadventures.net) -- SCUBA trips for Plus Size Women and their allies.

My 'dry' interests -- Married,just celebrated 12 years. No kids - by plan! I'm finishing grad school -- if I ever complete my dissertation I'll have a doctorate in Clinical Psychology. I work in community mental health, providing clinical services to a group of shelters for homeless women and children and survivors of domestic violence.

I'm also love to shop -- but I try to confine myself to thrift stores -- that helps to minimize the damage!

Liz

It is not hard to guess that I am female by my signature, Cindy. I am 49, married to a non-diver(he does snorkel though). I was certified SSI OW May 2001. I have 88 dives logged, have completed 3 specialty courses, and I am currently waiting to complete the 4th one as soon as my dive instructor can take me out for the deep dives. This coming week I am taking the Stress and Rescue class with one of the other instructors at our LDS. I am addicted to diving and have given up most of my other hobbies for diving. I am an RN, currently the Director of Nursing for a Dialysis clinic. We have two sons, and daughter-in-laws. We also are expecting our first grandson, no doubt in that sonogram. His due date is November 2 so I have not signed up to go on any dive trips then. Will, only go locally. I prefer the oceans, mostly off West Palm Beach, the Keys, the Bahamas and Mexico. I have been to Hawaii, and did dive in Maui. My dream is to retire and be more involved in dive travel. Any tips on how to get started in that area are welcome. Guess that is all I can think of. Great to know more about each other.

Hi All
I’m Seala 38 and not counting anymore. My husband and I were certified the end of June, it’s part one of our 20th anniversary gift to each other the 2nd half is a trip to the US Virgin Island in Oct., weather permitting. Didn’t do much diving the first 3 weeks but have logged 14 dives since the end of July. I’m already an addicted but rental gear is a pain so we dive a little less and buy equipment when we find gear we like. I have two teenage daughters that won’t dive and a golden retrieve we cannot keep out of the water. I’m self-employed as a seamstress, a hobby I turned into a business, this gives me the ability to schedule clients around diving. Retail management was my chosen career. I was born and mostly raised in Grand Forks ND but moved to Wisconsin in 1999. Dream about early retirement close to warm salt water but right now we dive in Lake Wazee, an old iron quarry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom