Question More expense !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can get away with a 4000 lumen dive light.
Can pick up a Chinese high lumen light for around $100.
Thanks for the advice.

Is that basically a torch??

I am salivating over the Mini flash 2 from Backscatter, because it's small and has good reviews.

Won't be buying it anytime soon before I have made sure I know what I am doing with the camera and housing. What you suggest might be a good way forward to experiment with some kind of strobe after a while.
Thanks again.

OK.
Thanks for all the comments.

I now have a shiny new TG 7 and housing.

The manual has me in bits and pieces and I can't seem to find anything on the web about setting it up except reviews.

I am looking for advice on how to set it up for my first attempts at using it underwater. (hopefully next week at Koh Bida).

I realise that it has lots of presets and fuctions, but until I get some experience I could do with someone just saying: " Set this to this, that to that, and the other to that", or "Just use it in programmed mode with the fish-sign setting".

It has 2 personal preset buttons. Can I set one up for macro shooting underwater, and the other to an optimal setting for distance shots underwater.

Any help would be apreciated as I don't want to waste more time than necessary finding a baseline stup.

Many thanks.

I am salivating over the Mini flash 2 from Backscatter, because it's small and has good reviews.
The MF2 is worth getting. I use two MF1s with the TG6 as well as one MF1 with a snoot with a Nikon DSLR to get results like these

Great shots.

Cant understand why it's so expensive tho.

Well actually I can :)

OM directors cruising around inMercs hahahhaha

You can get away with a 4000 lumen dive light.
Can pick up a Chinese high lumen light for around $100.
I found a 15000 lumen torch (adjustable settings) from Aplos for $125

I have ordered it and will let you know how I get on.

Trays and arms are so expensive too.

I am thinking about making my own out of 1 and a 1/4" PVC water pipe and fittings.

I don't care if the geeks laugh at me :)

a 90 degree elbow and a T fitting should do nicely for adjustability. Plastic so won't rust.

About $5 for the lot hahahahahahah

OK.
Thanks for all the comments.

I now have a shiny new TG 7 and housing.

The manual has me in bits and pieces and I can't seem to find anything on the web about setting it up except reviews.

I am looking for advice on how to set it up for my first attempts at using it underwater. (hopefully next week at Koh Bida).

I realise that it has lots of presets and fuctions, but until I get some experience I could do with someone just saying: " Set this to this, that to that, and the other to that", or "Just use it in programmed mode with the fish-sign setting".

Any help would be apreciated as I don't want to waste more time than necessary finding a baseline stup.

Many thanks.

Hmmm… Why would the TG-6 settings not work on the TG-7??

Best TG-6 Settings for UW

Hmmm… Why would the TG-6 settings not work on the TG-7??

Best TG-6 Settings for UW
Thanks for that.

I am starting to get my head round it now. (Old brain getting a bit fuzzy now haha)

I have set up the C1 for midrange underwater shots and C2 stting for underwater macro shots.

I then discovered that if it is set to the fish symbol, I can access the options menu for underwater shooting by pressing the "left" button then selecting whatever suits best at the time and pressing the OK button.........quicker, and less fumbly than turning the top knob.

Problem sorted, thanks.

I will probably change the C1 and C2 settings to something for more specific requirements when I work out what those requirements are. :)

I will have a play on Friday 19th (hopefully) and see if I am capable of shooting anything other than my own fins :)

Looking forward to a "proud of myself" photo soon. hahahahahah

Need a few after all this expense.

Back
Top Bottom