North Texas Feast???

North Texas Swamper Feast Sept. 27 at J. Gilligan's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftwdiver14

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I keep reading about the Feast that those DIMWITs in Austin seem to always attend and I am starting to feel left out up here :shakehead:.
Has there been any Feast for us North Texas divers? Would anyone be interested in getting together in the near future, like around the Mid-Cities area?

I just wanted to throw it around and see if anyone in this area would be interested.

I keep reading about the Feast that those DIMWITs in Austin seem to always attend and I am starting to feel left out up here :shakehead:.
Has there been any Feast for us North Texas divers? Would anyone be interested in getting together in the near future, like around the Mid-Cities area?

I just wanted to throw it around and see if anyone in this area would be interested.

Count me in, but then I'll go anywhere for a free meal!:D:D:rofl3:

You are welcome to come down to visit our FEAST, maybe come dive the weekend to make the gas used worth it. I have seen some Happy Hours for the North Texas Swamper contingent but I don't think they are doing a monthly thing. If you want to have them, just think up a catchy acronym and post up every month, that's what I did to start the SSASS (which later became FEAST) meet and greets.

Second Saturday Austin Swamper Social

Friday Evening Austin Swamper Treats

OP..... I would be happy to hook-up for some chat-n-chew....my only request is a 'non-smoking' seating area. Let me/us know when you have a date/time/location in mind---I am good for Mex.//bbq//burgers//pizza//subs//fish.......most any evening and time. Alan :)

See, you've already got a table for 3 so far, and that's more than we have had at several of the Austin events :lotsalove: :D

Here is the thread where the Austin monthly meets started. It was inspired by the oasis happy hour of Hemlons that I missed so I thought we should have one every month so I'd have a chance to make one.
We have a crowd that's fairly regular and others that drop in once or twice. It's a great way to meet fellow divers doing different types of diving.

One tip is to wear a dive related shirt or hat to make it easier for newcomers to find you.

See, you've already got a table for 3 so far, and that's more than we have had at several of the Austin events :lotsalove: :D

Here is the thread where the Austin monthly meets started. It was inspired by the oasis happy hour of Hemlons that I missed so I thought we should have one every month so I'd have a chance to make one.
We have a crowd that's fairly regular and others that drop in once or twice. It's a great way to meet fellow divers doing different types of diving.

One tip is to wear a dive related shirt or hat to make it easier for newcomers to find you.

Thanks for the tips....we have over time had a few dinner gathering up here in the DFW area.....as you point out, a nice way to visit and meet other folks interested in a common sport.

OP..... I would be happy to hook-up for some chat-n-chew....my only request is a 'non-smoking' seating area. Let me/us know when you have a date/time/location in mind---I am good for Mex.//bbq//burgers//pizza//subs//fish.......most any evening and time. Alan :)

I thought one of your requirements was a dance floor. That dancing on the chairs can be dangerous after a few drinks. :D

See, you've already got a table for 3 so far, and that's more than we have had at several of the Austin events :lotsalove: :D quote]

Thanks for all of the info. I guess now we need to find a good place, how many would like to attend then pick a time, date and place.

I guess this is as good a place as any. It would be nice to keep it central for those in and near Ft Worth and the same for the Dallas area folks. Nobody wants to drive 50 miles I would guess. Also would a weekday or a weekend be better?

Any comments would be helpful from any NTexas Swampers.

A weekend would be better for us more Northerly North Texas Swampers.:D

Rhonda

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom